Monday, February 14, 2011

Chapter 56 EDWARDS WRATH


Edwards Eternal Kiss

Chapter 56

EDWARDS WRATH

~X~X~X~BELLA~X~X~X~



“He is heading home.” She whispered. “Come inside and let’s just see how things play out.”

“You can’t see it can you… or is it that it’s so bad you aren’t going to tell me?” I closed my eyes and heard her jump down from the tree to wait for me. She never gave me an answer as I landed softly next to her.

“You have time to shower before he is back. Come on Bella, maybe with the family around he will be calmer.”

I could hear laughter inside as we entered the foyer and could see everyone sitting in the front room except for the big Ken doll. I took a deep breath and ran up the stairs to shower and change. I didn’t waste any time but it felt like it took me forever. I was shaking and wondered if a vampire has ever exhibited shaking before. Hell I was the worst kind of vampire there was. I wanted to hide but that would do me no good. I had to face him. I made the decision to do what I did and now I had to face the consequences. I just hoped that he understood.  I had no idea what He would tell him.  Would He even tell him the truth? Did I even know what the truth was?  I know I made the conscious decision to do this but even I am still wrapping my head around it.  I mean, it made sense at the time.  I only wanted to love Edward; all of Edward so didn’t that mean I had to love his Demon too?  I was scared to face him but I was about as ready as I could be. I had to be totally honest with him.

I walked downstairs, taking a deep breath as I braced myself and entered the sitting room.  I was horrified to find everyone standing now, the tension in the air was thick.  Long gone were the happy, relaxed faces of my family that I had just seen moments ago. My eyes landed on Edward as he stood there in a pair of jeans, no shirt and barefoot. His brow was furrowed and I couldn’t help but notice that his fists were clenched tightly at his sides. I gasped as I looked at him.  God, He knew! The silence was defining and felt as if it had gone on for an eternity before he finally found his voice to speak.

“Tell me it’s a lie.” His tone was dead and his eyes were focused on the floor next to my feet. His voice had no life in it whatsoever and I felt my lip quiver. I was so fucking scared. He is going to hate me. I am going to lose him. I wanted to run to him, hug him, and hold him.  

Everyone stood there, waiting, as Edward was, for my explanation. I could see all their expressions as their eyes darted between Edward and me. They looked confused except for Alice. She just looked down, frowning. Jasper put his arm around her and I watched his eyes narrow in on Edward as if he was either trying to calm him or figure out what emotion he was feeling.

I dropped my eyes to the floor.  I couldn’t look at any of them, worse of all, I couldn’t look at Edward. I wished it was a lie. I wished I could undo what I had done.

“Isabella?” His voice changed as the pitch was higher, firmer.

I was frozen, afraid to move, afraid to even speak. If I didn’t say anything then that meant I got to hold on to him for a few moments longer. Once I told him, he would tell me to leave. Where would I go? I had no home besides…

“Isabella I am asking you a question and you had better answer it or so help me.”

“Edward…I… I’m…sorry…I am…”

“It’s true?” He gasped as the air whooshed out of his lips.

I looked up and he was looking at me with those eyes. Those beautiful, soulful eyes that spoke volumes to me, those were the eyes that I searched for earlier but couldn’t find.  And now I fully understood why. Why I couldn’t see those eyes, because I wasn’t with Edward. I was with Him. It was as if his body was inhabited by two completely separate people.  The man I loved and would gladly die for …and… Him.

I don’t think we’ve ever seen him so hurt before.  Hmph. And they call me the Demon!

I never wanted to see the pain in these eyes that I was looking at now. I loved his eyes and my heart felt like it was going to explode from the ache I felt knowing every ounce of that pain was all because of me. 





“Excuse me but what are we talking about here?” Ben interrupted.

I could feel Jasper’s breeze as he moved so fast to stand next to me “It’s bad.” He murmured. “I can feel it and it is bad.”

“What is bad?” Ben asked his eyes darting to Jasper now.

“I….I d….don’t understand. Did you do this intentionally?” The look he was giving me rocked me to the core.

“Edward…I…I mean…”

His expression changed drastically from hurt to anger. “Shut up!” He shrieked.

I stopped speaking and stared at him. He had never spoken to me like this before. It felt like I had lost him. That it was over, we were over. Everyone turned to look at him. They had never seen or heard him speak this way to anyone either and for all that anger to be directed at me… all they could do was stand there with their mouths gaping.  

“I can’t believe this! I can’t believe you! YOU! Of all people, you… you said you loved me.  You just agreed to be my bride Bella! Why the fuck would….What the...Oh my GOD! He wasn’t lying!”

He just stared at me with that hurt look in his eyes then his hand went up to his hair pulling his fingers through it roughly and his jaw clenched tight.  

“Edward. I’m sorry…I thought…” My voice was but a squeak before I literally heard the rumble in his chest. The growl was so deep that every vampire in the room jumped when he yelled out so loudly windows started shattering all around the room popping one right after the other. Some even together.

“FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!  Aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh!”

Jasper put his arm around me and pulled me in. I could hear him whispering, “It’s not working. Nothing is working; my gift has never been rendered useless.”

Edward’s anger filled the room like a thick fog before taking him over completely.
One minute he was standing there in front of me and the next minute there was a cloud of dust at the back of house as everyone stood there gaping at the huge hole in the corner back wall that Edward had just went through. I cringed at the loud crashing of the small section of roof that collapsed in that corner and gasped as I tried to hold in my sob.

What have I done?

Uhh?  Haven’t you already figured that one out? You lost him way to go Bella! This is all you’re  fault.

I stood there with my extended family briefly wondering how much longer they were going to be my family when they found out what I had done.

“Would someone like to tell me what in the hell is going on down here?! What in the hell just happened?” Carlisle came down the stairs as he gaped at the huge Edward sized hole in the wall.

“You will have to ask Bella.” Ben stated looking at me waiting for the answer himself.

“Isabella?”
~X~X~X~


I stood there with my head down tearing into my bottom lip with my own damned teeth.
When I had that one fleeting moment of wondering what Edward would be like to fully let go and be unbridled my curiosity got the better of me. I was going to marry him so why shouldn’t I know every part of him even the dark things but I never imagined or for that matter believed that it could be so dark. Not Edward. He was too sweet and loving and how could he have a mean bone in his body?

He was loyal and only fierce when he protected those he loved. That is what I saw. That fierce side that aroused me so much those times he protected me.

I finally whispered, “I interacted with Edwarcula.” I kept my head down.

“You what?” Ben said as he walked over and knelt in front of me looking up into my eyes. He waited for me to answer again. I knew he heard me and I figured he just wanted confirmation. It wasn’t as if vampires could miss something that was said.




 
“I didn’t let go like you explained…and…I engaged and interacted with Him.”

I didn’t think it was possible for Ben to get any paler but he did right in front of my eyes.

“Please tell me you are joking.” His voice sounded so off.

“I am not joking.” I fought the sob.

“Explain it to me Isabella; please I am trying so hard to understand. Are you saying that you did not give into your instincts and let go but instead you pretended to? I am not following.”

“I played with Edward’s demon, Ben.” My voice cracked.

The entire room vibrated with so many sounds. From gasps to growls to cursed words spilling out.

Jesus. What had I done?

Well, Duh.  Haven’t we already established that question?  Maybe you can claim incompetence because you don’t seem to be too bright…

“This goes beyond… anything…I just…I can’t wrap my head around this you have no idea!” Ben just looked at me and I was stunned to catch a scent of fear coming off him, but the look confirmed it.

“Isabella I am trying to understand also my dear. Why would you do this?” The big Ken Doll asked with those twinkling golden compassionate eyes of his. I can’t feel anything but shame.

Hmm how are you ever going to be able to look at him the same?

As if Her humiliating me with Her snide little comments wasn’t enough, She has to be the one that made me realize my mistake. As everything began to sink in, I gasped as I realized the magnitude of what my curiosity had done.

Think about it Grasshopper. Do you really like me? I am guessing that would be a no.
Hmmm, I wonder….If I could get Edward to come and play with me….  

I wished to God she would shut up.

So tell me, was He everything you hoped for? Was he as good as your little Edward?

“I just wanted to know what it would be like to be with him unrestrained. I swear I didn’t know…I mean I didn’t expect…”

Emmett yelled as he came at me in a rage and my heart leapt out of my chest. His reaction startled me because he came at me so fast at least for Emmett anyway and I was now nose-to-nose with him. I was surprised I didn’t hiss at him or attack. But this was Emmett the teddy bear. He seethed his eyes black with rage as he snapped at me.

“There is a reason we let the other side of us take over to hunt Bella. That side of us can handle the brutality and fierceness of our nature when we take down an animal and drain them of their life or even worse when we feed on a human. If we were nomads, roaming the land and acting like Vampires do then we get used to it. But this family is a rare breed of functioning vampires in a society that makes us more vulnerable because we hold on to our humanity. You basically just let Edward’s demon brutalize you to play with him? Are you out of your fucking mind? Do you have any idea what this will do to him? What the FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?!” He pulled back and was pacing even faster than Ben.

My brow now furrowed and I covered my mouth to hold back the sobs that was threatening to cry out. Emmett ran out the same hole after Edward. Maybe he would find him and calm him down.

Ben paced, seethed, and paced even more in front of me unable to even speak at times as he stopped and caught my eyes and his glare burned into me. Then he began talking so fast. He really wanted to whip my ass and I was damn sure that I wouldn’t find this the least bit erotic at all!

“God what have I done? I am so so sorry.” I whispered.

Ben stopped and stood in front of me now. “Isabella I want to know what happened after we got off that plane? I see the collar hasn’t been removed. Did you two step out of your roles?”

I just looked at him a little confused at first but thought back, “We didn’t discuss it.”

“So you were collared at the time?”

“I suppose so.” I whispered.

“Did Edward ask anything of you before?”

I nodded.

“What, what did he ask?”

Let her out and I promise I will finally let him go as well.”

I hadn’t thought about it and my hand went up to my neck. I still had it on so that meant I was collared at the time.

I gasped when I realized that not only had I betrayed Edward. I betrayed my Master.   

“Excuse me I am a little confused. Did you say collared?” Carlisle interrupted. He had heard our exchange and I looked at Ben with fear. We had just discussed this in front of his father. His father who didn’t know that we were a part of this life.

Ben’s eyes burned into me.

“I want to whip you ass like I have NEVER wanted to whip anyone’s before in my life Isabella!” He raged startling me when he yelled out and I naturally hissed at him.

“Ben!” Carlisle warned his tone firm. I couldn’t help my reaction and thankfully, Carlisle distracted him from his rant.  

“Now I don’t know what is going on exactly still but we have to handle this carefully. She is still so very young. She doesn’t realize. She is inexperienced. We have decades of it to her limited amount. She is still learning everything and we are trying to teach her but it takes time. You are setting a bar too high for her. Jesus Christ she isn’t even a quarter of a decade old in her human years and legally she can’t even drink! This is Bella we are talking about here she is so innocent and it’s only natural to be so curious she has no idea what she did. You know that it has been a matter of trial and error for us through years to realize that the other side of our nature is not our better side. It took some of us years to figure it out. Hell Emmett has just accepted it and he was changed in the twenties!”

“Carlisle. There is something you don’t know but now it seems that Isabella here has given me no choice.” He turned to me and ripped into me.

“Well Isabella you have hands down probably ruined your relationship solely on your own but you have also ruined the friendship I had with someone I care very deeply about. You have no one to blame but yourself. I am so thoroughly disgusted with you right now not because of what you did but because of you’re disregarded for your Master of epic proportions. You are a submissive and you defied your Master and betrayed his trust ten fold to when he betrayed yours. Yes, Carlisle we are in the lifestyle. There Isabella I have just clued in Edward’s father as to what it is we do. I wouldn’t have ever before now but Carlisle is going too have to be the one to pick up the pieces of the man that just ran out of here loathing himself because of your actions. Let alone when it hits him that his submissive defied his order to do something that was so very hard for him to finally let go and give into!”

He kneeled down and gripped my chin making me look him in the eyes when I dropped them.

“I trusted you. I shared something with you because I thought you could handle it like an adult instead of some raging hormonal college coed. Christ Bella this wasn’t a fucking frat party where you frolic with coeds! If I am hurt this much I can’t even begin to imagine the pain that Edward is going through right now. You have disappointed me because Bella…you had to have known this was a bad idea. You had to of! You didn’t ask any of us and had you of this wouldn’t be an issue now. You are smart, you have no excuse, and you damn well know it. Now as your friend, the only advice I can give you is that once he is calmed down you would be better off to take that little experience you insisted on having, file it away, and NEVER bring it up again in your relationship. That is if you still have one. And if you do you damn well better never judge Edward’s character based on what you opened yourself up for. ”

He stood up and looked at Carlisle.

“I know that now I have just breached a trust with Edward. But I feel it is necessary as well. You have to know all the facts if you are going to be able to understand the full magnitude of what she has done. I am a Dominant Carlisle. Tia is my submissive and we have been in this lifestyle for more than twenty-five years. Edward’s clairvoyant. It wasn’t hard for him to figure out my lifestyle choices. He asked questions. He was interested and I felt that if he was going to venture into it that he be guided with someone that he could trust to steer him in the right direction. I then chose to mentor him. I won’t go into all the details of this but just so you know Isabella has been trained as his submissive and right now, she is anything but acting like one. A submissive would not disregard her Master’s request and blow it off as if she didn’t care about anyone but herself. Bella here has not only done something that I think NO other Vampire has ever done but she has disobeyed a direct order from her Master. You know now that I think about it, I actually should be able to punish you since you decided to disregard him during your submission under me. Just because I found out about it now shouldn’t matter. I still am considering this Isabella. Just don’t assume you are totally off the hook yet. I also know that I can’t take the anger I feel towards you and bring into the playroom to punish you. So you may be safe because I am sure I lack that much self control.”

Carlisle sighed heavily took a deep breath and looked at Ben. “I suspected but never asked Ben. It wasn’t my place. What my son does in his personal life is none of my business. I assume he hasn’t told me because he is not one to share everything he is involved in. I don’t see why he hasn’t. I guess maybe that is between him and I.” Carlisle said with a furrowed brow. He glanced at Esme and she looked at me with sympathy but I was absolutely horrified.

Jesus what have I done? This was so bad. So very bad. I longed for Edward right now. I wanted to hold him. To apologize and tell him I was truly sorry because I was. I really fucked up.

Do you really? The way he treated you?

Shut up!!!! Just shut the fuck up!!!  I want to scream at her.

Jasper jumped in, “For the record Bella I am inclined to agree with Ben. You knew what you were planning. But you blocked it from Alice didn’t you?”

“Alright that is enough!! Stop ganging up on her. It’s not as if she doesn’t feel bad enough!” Esme came over and sat down next to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

“Esme I love you but you of all people know Edward and right now I am inclined to agree with Ben. Maybe we should all take our turn and utilize the kitchen table for a bench so we can all take turns beating her ass!” Rosalie sneered.

“That’s it!” Alice screeched.

“What is it Ali?” Jasper asked as I was on the verge of a vampire’s nervous breakdown.

“Bella wanted to know all sides of Edward. She loves him and you all are acting as if she is some horrible creature for wanting to love every part of him! But that is not what I figured out!”

She came over and sat in front of me Indian style and took my hands comforting me as she rubbed the back of my hands with small circles soothing me.

“Bella let me ask you something sweetie, I want you to be honest. When you hunt, you give in to her; do you know why you do that?” Alice asked

“Instinct?” I shrugged wondering what this had to do with anything.

“And can I ask how is it that you were able to play with Him and hunt and do this without Her being there?” Alice questioned her little brow furrowed.

I looked down. “I control her don’t I?”

“No Bella it doesn’t work that way. We give into our instinct to hunt because we are thirsty. We let our thirst lead us to the prey but it is our demon that guides us and then once we are sated we are phased back into control when that thirst is quenched.  You hunted laying down a deer and hunted again and she was nowhere around am I right?”

“Yes. I suppose your right. I didn’t think about it really.”

“And then you brought him a kill?”

“Yes.”

“And she wasn’t there during that time either?”

“No, I guess she wasn’t.”

“That’s impossible.” Jasper stated. “It is instinctual Alice. Our demon is the one that seeks out our prey takes it down and feeds on it. We don’t!”

“No Jazz I think for Bella it isn’t impossible.”

“What do you mean Alice?” Carlisle asked.

“What I am saying is that at first I suspected that Isabella had some strange sort of power over her demon and even when she is in the mode of hunting she can flip her on and off like a switch because she made the conscious choice to not let her out when Edward told her to do so. Then I realized it made no sense. Bella is a submissive and she is very well trained to listen to her Master's request. But because she wanted to be with Edward unrestrained it was easy for Kittenella to influence her to play with his demon. It had to be the other way around. What I found most interesting is that Bella’s demon can hear Edwards’s demons thoughts but she can also block both he and Edward. That is why Edward only hears her sometimes.”

“What?” the room full of vampires gave a collective gasp and I even looked at her surprised and still confused.

“Carlisle. I don’t believe Bella has a gift but I think she is still gifted. So sweet pea none of this is your fault.”

Carlisle’s eyes widened and his face lit up with some thing he found fascinating.

“Alice are you suggesting what I think you’re suggesting?”

“Yes Carlisle. It is Kittenella that is the gifted one. She not only possesses the gift of clairvoyance and can control what Edward hears and doesn’t hear, she can hear Edwarcula as well. What she also possesses is the ability to influence others to do what she wants, especially Bella.”  

© Robshandmonkey~ All rights reserved.



a/n
I truly have to thank Tracy for helping me sort this out! And I really hope this answers questions for several that are telling me they are confused.

The whole scene was supposed to be where Edward and Bella let their inner beasts out to play. But Bella was the one in the forest with Edwarcula and it should have been Kittenella. She was not supposed to be there and Kittenella is a devious little monster who encouraged it! Edward  is in fact devastated that Bella was anywhere near his monster and his monster couldn't wait to tell him that. The next chapter explains even more and then the following chapters will divulge some details we haven't seen yet. I hope this clears up the confusion. 
Personally I just think you all got lost in the smut! hahahaha just playing!!! hahaha....does that help? 
Thanks for the reviews. 


2 comments:

  1. OK, that took away about 20% of my confusion:)

    I still don't see what she did wrong & everyone is yelling at her like she should know what she did.

    Ben said something about Bella should have asked or talked about it. How can you know to ask what you don't know?

    In my mind the demons are part of the person. Does everyone think she cheated or is it just taboo to interact with your mates demon. I've always said 'you don't know until you know'. If what she did is taboo, why didn't anyone tell her beforehand. I don't remember ANYONE telling her the rules.

    Of course, it now comes out that Bella's demon has that special gift. Before that info came out, if I was Bella, I would have said a few words then told everyone to Fuck Off then ran for it. Don't yell at me for breaking rules you made sure I didn't know about. Everyone but Bella is acting like Assholes:(

    Great chapter:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay that ties up a few loose ends. But if Kittenella can control Bella, wouldn't that make Bella puppet, and who will control Kittenella?

    ReplyDelete