Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chapter 1 Welcome to Domination

Edward's Eternal Kiss
Edward Cullen is not a typical vampire.
He is Master to his very own personally selected coven.
His lifestyle behind closed doors is a mystery to any outsider.
There is only one way to be part of Edwards's life…
You have to be invited into his elite coven.
Chapter 1
Welcome to Domination
Jessica walked in looking flustered and flopped down on the couch. Her hair was windblown and she had little wisps of it in her eyes. She looked exhausted as she exhaled a deep breath.
"Rough day?" I asked as she pushed the strands out of her eyes.
"You have no idea." She pulled off her shoes and rubbed her feet.
"Why do you wear those monstrosities anyways?" I asked.

BELLA

She narrowed her eyes at me, "You never listen to anything I say do you?" she retorted.
"What? Did I miss something?" I asked not getting whatever she was getting at.
"God Bella I have worked for this man since forever now. You know he requires his personal assistant's to be dressed to the nines."
"Oh yeah. Right. Sorry. Sort of slipped my mind." I lied. She probably did tell me this more than once over the last however long that I have lived here with her.
She rolled her eyes at me and said, "Well, I won't be subjected this much longer anyway. I start my new position at the bank in exactly two weeks!" Her demeanor changed and she practically squealed.
"You got the job! Oh Jess that's awesome!" I got up and hugged her.
"Mrs. Varner called me today to give me the good news and you would not believe who was standing there when my phone rang."
"No way, did you give him your notice?"
"The minute I saw her name flash on my screen I knew I had the job. She wouldn't be calling to me to say thanks for applying but we are hiring someone else so of course I answered it!"
"And go on." I asked.
"I thanked her profusely hung up the phone and turned to Mr. Cullen who was staring at me the way he does sometimes, making me nervous you know, and he says "Good news Miss Stanley?" I said "Yes sir."
He stood there waiting for me to elaborate and I explained that I would be leaving my position."
"And?"
"What could he say?"
JESSICA


"Jess! Did you tell him about me?"
She smirked and said "I didn't have to. He asked if I already knew of someone. Although if you can't remember what the dress code is….do I want to refer you?"
"Oh Jess come on it was an honest mistake. I am stressing out here. I need work damn it!"
"Yeah right." She rolled her eyes and then laughed.
"You got it bad for him don't you?" she asked watching my reaction.
No matter how much I tried to hide it, there was no way I could pull this off. Yeah I needed work, but to be given the opportunity to work for Edward Cullen as his personal assistant it was a dream job.
"Well he has your number he will be calling you this afternoon."
I squealed like a little kid in Toy's R Us for the first time.
"THANK YOU JESS!" I hugged her and kissed her cheek. "I owe you big girl!"
"Yeah right…well you remember what I told you Bella. It is one thing to work for him; it is another to get involved with him. I get you think he is handsome, I don't disagree with you there but Bella…I worry you are going to fall into his charms and I am telling you don't. You don't want to enter his world. It's bizarre, not normal, and freaky."
I grinned widely "You know me Jess. I love bizarre and freaky!"
"Yeah right well if he calls he will insist on opening an account for you to make sure you're well prepared for work. I will take you shopping and introduce you to the wonderful world of Edward's preferences, taste, and style, but for business only. Remember that!"
Jess and I ordered take out and got comfortable in the living room talking about all things that involved the PA job. She handed me the paperwork that I was required to sign before she disclosed anything about EC Elite. I signed on the dotted line before Jess pulled out her cell phone and sent Mr. Cullen a text.
Mr. Cullen
Confidentiality paperwork is signed
Ms. Stanley
Not more than three minutes later, he replied and she showed me her message.
Thank you Ms. Stanley
Permission to proceed with disclosure.
I hope I don't scare her off.
E. Cullen
"What does he mean scare me off?" I asked and Jessica's demeanor did a complete one eighty!
"Ok Bella, what I am about to tell you will blow your fucking mind. I know I told you I was his personal assistant, but I never told you what my duties were as his personal assistant. I have never been allowed to discuss this position before and you may turn around and run once I explain things to you so…I hope you can handle this. It really is a cake job and it has benefits that most jobs don't, like open accounts for expensive clothes, full time pay for part time work, and other luxurious benefits that go with the job."
"Out with it Jess!" I used my chopsticks as I sucked down some noodles as we now stood in the kitchen.
"Edward Cullen Elite is not his actual business. It is his personal lifestyle."
I just stared at her, chewed my mouthful of noodles, swallowed, and asked, "What do you mean it isn't a business?"
Jessica took a deep breath and rushed out her words.
"Edward Cullen is a Dom….."
"Excuse me…what did you just say?" I stopped eating mid bite and gaped at her.
"Did you just say Dom? As in Dominant?"
She nodded and I watched her expression as she was clearly waiting for my full reaction.
"What was the last part again?" I asked not catching any part after Dom.
"He has a coven of submissives."
My eyebrows shot up, my mouth fell open, and I dropped the little carton of noodles and my chopsticks as they crashed to the floor.
"You have got to be kidding me? Why have you never told me? Jesus Jess! And what the hell is a Coven of submissives? What is a coven? What is wrong with this entire picture?" I said after what had to be several long minutes of my mouth gaping open and closed repeatedly.
Edward Cullen is a Dom?
Edward Cullen is a Dom!
Edward Cullen the Dominant?
Dom as in Dominant? As in SEX? Submissives…as in sex slaves?
"Say something Bella." Jess asked as her brow furrowed in worry.
"Something." I just stared at her in total disbelief.
She just smirked at me.
"So EC Elite isn't a desk job?" I finally asked.
Jessica chuckled and I had no clue what was humorous about that statement until she finally clarified it for me.
"EC Elite is the name of his lifestyle. He currently has four submissives. You do get a desk in the west wing of his home where his pet's/subs are your responsibility to take care of their needs and anything he asks of you."
"Anything he asks of me?" I glared at her wide-eyed.
"That sounds just wrong doesn't it?" she shook her head and said "Let me try to explain that a little better."
"What my job entailed was everything that had to do with his lifestyle. There is paperwork that needs to be signed and retained, I have to make sure all the girls were cared for as far as medical appointments, stocking of all supplies—office and home—of course. I maintained his records for all the girls, booking play dates with others in the community, coordinating the parties he hosted and being available for Edward at a moments notice should he need something that pertained to his lifestyle."
"What the hell is a play date?" I imagined going to the park and playing on the swings with kids but that just sounded all kinds of wrong.
Jessica smirked and said "Out of all that I just explained that is the thing that stands out the most?" She asked still smirking.
I asked for reasons unknown to me that word just stuck out more than any other. I didn't reply to her comment and she waved it off anyway.
"It's a community Bella. There are other Dom's who schedule play dates to do scenes with other Dom's and their subs."
"But I don't even know how to be a sub." I said still dumbfounded.
"You don't have to be silly. You're just his assistant, you are not part of his coven, you sort of manage it."
"Do I have to hand him his paddles?" I asked seriously.
Jess threw her head back laughing as if any of this was remotely funny. I personally wasn't amused.
"No silly. Your relationship with him is strictly professional. On occasion you may be called into a scene which I have to say is interesting to say the least but its only if there is an emergency."
"Emergency?" I asked my brows shot up in surprise because the reality is this is all sounding just too freaking weird.
"Once one of the girls tripped and twisted her ankle. I had to bring some ice up for him to take care of her."
"He does this while your there?" I practically screamed as my eyebrows shot up in surprise yet again, although by now nothing should be surprising anymore, which in all honesty is why this surprised me, more than the fact that he was a Dom was just confusing as hell.
I was stuck in the twilight zone and I swear to god I heard Rod Sterling standing off in the other room announcing the episode for a hidden camera.
"Bella…he is a millionaire this is hobby…no not hobby…his lifestyle he does this whenever the need arises."
"I bet it arises a lot." I muttered and Jess just laughed.
"Listen he is waiting to call because he knows this is very surprising to disclose to anyone. You have a couple of hours to absorb the information. Here is the list of things you take care of, go over it, and think it over and he will call and ask if you're still willing."
"Uh yeah right ok." I muttered not to sure about any of this.
This revelation just sort of blew my image of the ever sexy, enigmatic Mr. Edward Cullen. It should be no surprise I had developed a schoolgirl crush on the man the first time Jess showed me a picture of her boss. Any girl in her right mind could not help but lust after this Adonis. He is a Greek fucking god and I fantasized about being his Helen of Troy. Now I was considering hiding in the Trojans horse and staying out of harms way.
"I am going to go take a long hot bath. Read over it. I put everything in there." Jess told me as she got up and left me with a stapled stack of papers.
I flipped through them quickly and when I turned to the last page, my eyes nearly popped out of my goddamn head and I nearly fell off the couch.
The last page was a photo with the title of 'Cullen's Playroom' on it.
The room was to say the least FUCKING SCARY!
"Holy shit!" I muttered as I studied the equipment that was placed in what I would label and describe as nothing less than a Dungeon. I imagined a fire-breathing dragon and maybe a moat.
I sat there staring at the photo and remembered there was a time I was looking for an alternate word for prison and one that came up was penal complex. I started to laugh loudly as I sat there stupefied over all of this.
Bizarre was one thing…this was….was….well it was…hell there are no words….
And what could be worse?
I was now even more determined to land this job!
What the hell is wrong with me?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Edward is a naughty one now, isn't he? I like it. What an unusual job. I wonder how ling it takes them to get to the playroom scene of the prelude... ;-)

    ReplyDelete