Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chapter 8 Surprises Released

EDWARDS ETERNAL KISS

Chapter 8

Surprises Released
~x~x~x~BELLA~x~x~x~


When we arrived at Cajoled and met with Carmen, she had three dressing rooms already set up for the girls to try on their outfits. She turned to me, smiled, and told me she would be back.
I stood there waiting as they all came out dressed like identical triplets.
I smirked. "Boy he sure doesn't let you show your individuality does he?"
They all gaped at me.
"What?" I muttered.
Charlotte giggled. "You would make an absolutely horrible submissive Miss. Swan."
I didn't know how to feel about that statement. Should I be honored or should I be angry?
"She actually would make a great submissive." Tanya came to my defense, or so I thought.
"One that would give Master's favorite paddle a work out constantly." And they all giggled.
I smiled although I was getting rather bent about their teasing. "Well does everything fit?" I asked.
They all nodded and agreed and went back to change.
I started to stroll the store browsing when Carmen came up and asked me, "Are you not interested in anything we have?"
Edward's voice rang out in my head and I decided I would show them. He stated I could get whatever I wanted and so with Carmen's help I managed to pick out the perfect outfit. I would show them! All of them! We will see who is laughing Next Saturday night!
Thankfully, the clothes were wrapped in black bags so the girls could not see what I got. Hell they didn't even ask me about it as we climbed into the Limo while Laurent put our purchases in the trunk.
"So…how long have you known Jessica?" Charlotte asked.
"Since High School. We became friends from the moment we met."
Tanya nods.
"So will you be attending the party as well…I know Jessica always did although we didn't see her much as Mr. Cullen had her working more behind the scenes."
"Yeah." I answered holding the box Edward had me pick up knowing what was in it.
"What is in the box?" Tanya asked nodding towards it curiously.
"Mr. Cullen asked me to pick it up." I said shrugging.
"God he can be so cryptic sometimes." Heidi sounded annoyed and startled me with her words. I detected a little bit of anger in them.
"Shut up Heidi, you know your attitude is showing!" Tanya glared at her.
"Well it's better than yours Ms. Biddable." She said with a sharp tongue.
"What is with you all of a sudden? You were like this the other day. What has gotten into you lately?" Charlotte asked.

I felt her eyes on me. She was literally glaring in my direction and I had no idea why.
"I just have a suspicion about recent events and I am pretty sure those have everything to do with a certain someone." She said. Talk about cryptic.
No wait that wasn't cryptic at all. She is referring to me and so I called her out on it.

"Excuse me did I do something to upset you Heidi?"

Her brows shot up in surprise. I guess she didn't expect me to speak up for myself.

"I think maybe you did." She snapped.
My eyes were wide. "What are you talking about?" I asked.
"Well I started to put the pieces together and I figured out that you were the only one that was in this house last Friday when Master was out of town. Therefore you were the only one that could have informed him about certain activities." She said icily.
At first I wanted to jump out of a moving vehicle. I suddenly grew a backbone and defended my actions.
"I will not discuss what I share and don't share with "your master" who also happens to be my boss. That is strictly confidential as is everything that goes on under his roof."
Tanya hissed and slapped at Heidi's arm. "You know better than to confront Master's PA damn it Heidi what the hell!"

"Wait a minute you guys accused me of telling on you!" Charlotte jumped in.
Suddenly it all made sense. Of course, they would figure out who told on them. Well that is a mistake I won't be making again any time soon! From now on, I am keeping my eyes closed and my mouth shut!

By this time, we were already stopped in front of the house and Laurent had opened the door for me, I grabbed my purse and stepped out, he went around and opened the trunk and handed us our labeled purchases.
I walked in and past Edward in a huff as he stood in the foyer. I headed straight to the office not saying a word to him. I was pissed and I didn't care.
I laid my outfit down on a winged back chair in the corner and scowled at myself for not handing him the damn box of collars in my hand. I headed for Edward's room realizing I should have knocked first but I wasn't thinking clearly.

I used my key to open his door and when I walked in he was standing at his desk looking down at a laptop obviously deep in thought when he turned to look at me.
"Oh I am sorry I didn't know you were in here." I said and carried his box over to hand it to him.
He looked at me with apprehension taking it and setting it on his desk.
"What happened?" I could hear a slight edge in his voice.
"Nothing." I lied and was about to turn to leave.
"Isabella I am asking you a question. What the hell happened?"

Oh no, he did not!

"It is nothing Mr. Cullen really." My voice wavered trying to placate him, I gave him a small smile just wanting to get the hell out of this room my anger still spiked and I turned to leave.
"Isabella Marie Swan I am talking to you, do not ignore me, when I ask you a question I expect an honest answer." I froze and turned around to face him.

Okay Bella you can handle this one way or the other. Which way is this going to be?
Tell him to fuck the hell off or let him castigate you?

I stood there for a moment the anger in his eyes was obvious. He was pissed off at me? Seriously? How dare him!
My tone was clipped, "Mr. Cullen. I said it was nothing really. It isn't. Now if you don't mind all of this is still really new to me and I am a little disoriented in the dynamics of your lifestyle so forgive me if I acted in anyway to upset you. It was not my intention. There are some things I prefer to keep to myself and I hope you understand that."

His expression softened tremendously and he walked over to me his hand coming up as he ran the back of it to caress my cheek "Something or someone upset you. That bothers me Isabella because I want you happy always. To keep you happy means you stick around a little while longer. I would hate to lose you because of something one of the girls did to upset you."
This is the side of him I saw with Lauren. The softer caring side. The side that is now making my heart stutter. I look up at him through my lashes and whisper "It is nothing can we please drop it."
He sighs deeply and drops his hand. I almost whimper out at the loss of his cold touch.
My mind starts with images of ways to warm them up for him.

Stop it Bella.

"Shall we work on the invitation now?" he asks changing the subject.
I nod and he pulls out the chair and has me sit down at his laptop. "See what you think." He paces the room while I read the invitation.
There is a knock on his door and I hear him groan.
He walks over to open it and I can see the door as it is right in front of me on my left.
Heidi is standing there and her eyes widen as she sees me sitting there. They quickly dart to Edward and narrow.

It takes a few seconds for Edward to say anything as if he is sorting something out in his head. If I saw that look she just gave, then I knew Edward had certainly seen it. His voice was sharp and his words were sharper.

"Heidi you have less than two seconds to make it to your room!"
She was gone. Just like that. Wow.
He slammed his door and turned to meet my eyes. I knew he was pissed. An angry Edward is one sexy beast!
"Isabella can you come in tomorrow?" His voice was strained.
"Uh. Sure." I replied.
"I will be releasing Heidi first thing be here at nine?"
"Okay."
I wanted to ask him if he was sure about that but I thought better of it when he walked back to lean down and look at the corrections I made on the invitation.

"That is perfect, I loaded the guest list on your laptop while you were gone, lets go downstairs and work on getting them emailed."
I got up and he followed behind me with his laptop in hand. We made our way into the office and he gave me the USB stick to load the final invitation and we finalized the list as I was sending it he got up and went to his desk and laid his laptop down.
"I really liked meeting your family today they all seem really nice. You're lucky. Being an only child really sucks." I said.

"I know what it is like to be an only child too Isabella." He said softly and I turned to look at him surprised.

"I am adopted remember. I was an only child till I lost my parents." He smiled sadly and I wanted to ask but didn't. I figure if he wanted to tell me he would. I noticed his eyes move to the chair that had my outfit and I almost panicked.

An impish grin spread on his lips and he asked, "So did you all only go to Cajoled or did you shop elsewhere?" he asked and I knew what he was trying to figure out. He was trying to decipher if the outfit in that bag was something bought at an adult sex shop or a boutique somewhere in Hollywood. I decided to torment him a little.

"No we only went to see Carmen." His eyes brightened and he gazed at me as he nodded toward the outfit. "I take it Carmen helped you pick something out. I am glad you took me up on the offer Isabella. I am sure whatever she helped you choose will be lovely."

He stood up and put his hands in his pocket and I can see that devilish child in his look.
I smiled and said, "Yeah she is actually pretty funny. She thought this would be perfect considering my position with you." I grabbed my purse, grabbed the outfit, and looked over my shoulder as I smiled deviously and said "All done with the invites. Goodnight Mr. Cullen."
I heard him groan as I walked out.

~X~X~X~

As soon as my alarm clock went off, I groaned. Why did I say I would go in on a Saturday?
My cell phone beeped and I realized I had a missed call. I pulled it out of my purse making my way down to the kitchen and brought up the missed calls.
Jacob.

It had been weeks since I talked to him. He was supposed to be here in LA the week after next and I was looking forward to seeing him again. I sent him a quick text explaining I would call him after I got off work later today. I was up showered and dressed in just a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and headed for the Estates when my cell rang. I pulled it out hoping I didn't get caught looking at it by the cops. It was my mother. I let it go to voicemail and pulled into the drive. I hoped the time went by fast. I needed a break from here. Especially after yesterday and I truly wasn't looking forward to this morning's announcement.

I sat at my desk waiting for them while Edward remained at the other side of the office.
Heidi, Charlotte, and Tanya all entered the office and took their positions on the rug. Edward stood at the window looking out, his back to all of us. With his left hand in his pocket, his right one tousled his hair in the habit I had grown to enjoy watching. His locks falling back down in more disarray than they were moments ago. I heard him sigh heavily. His shoulders slouched and damn him for wearing a tight fitting black t-shirt.

"I asked all three of you here because I am going to make an example out of one of you. I tolerate many things ladies but even I have my limits. When it comes to everyone that is under this roof, I expect everyone in here to treat any other person in this house with respect. To disrespect anyone, be it myself, another sub, an employee, or even one of my family members is a fucking hard limit for me is this understood! You all three may answer!" His voice grows louder at the word fucking and anything he says after that and I wince.

"Yes Master." They all three said in a singsong voice together. Edward didn't turn around and he shook his head back and forth. I swallowed hard and feel bad knowing that he didn't like this, it bothered him.
"Tanya and Charlotte I want you both to learn from this because I really do not want to ever have to repeat this meeting."
He turned and walked right over to Heidi his hand coming up and his fingertips lifting up her chin to meet his eyes.
"Heidi your behavior since last Friday has not gone unnoticed. I am your fucking Dominant and you're my submissive and with that comes fucking respect. You not only disrespected me in my own fucking home but you had the goddamn nerve to come to my bedroom and do it as well. You even disrespected Isabella right in front of me. I would never find a punishment remotely suitable for the anger I have towards you at this moment. I cannot forgive that behavior and with that, you will be released today. That is why Isabella is here on her goddamn day off. Get your shit and bring it down to Laurent. You have paperwork to sign, your fucking dismissed now get the fuck out of my sight!"

His arm came up to point towards the door, his glare at her was almost murderous.
Edward was livid but what was worse was the fact that so was Heidi.
"You're such a fucking ASS and your so fucking clueless about what is happening that you're blind to what she is doing! She wants you all to herself!" She yells in his face and I can see him take a deep breath and smirk at her with a rather smug look.
I just gape at both of them and stood up.

"Is she talking about me?" I demanded.

Edward's face didn't move but his golden eyes, which were now darker and looked right at me. I could see the hint of amusement in his expression.
"It seems Heidi is a little bit jealous of you Miss. Swan." His eyes dropped back down to hers and harden back in anger.
"Get the fuck out of my house." He says calmly and turns to the other two.

"You're both dismissed until the party next week; I don't want to see any one of you until then. Go!"

"Yes Master." Tanya and Charlotte keep their heads down and take their leave.

Heidi stands there glaring at me and takes her leave but not before she stops right before my desk and says "Two down, Two to go Miss Swan. He is almost yours."

I just stand there gaping at her as she storms out of the room.

"Is she serious?" I glance over at Edward who is now sitting in his chair slouched down and giving me a devious little grin.

"She is so jealous of you Isabella you have no idea." He shakes his head chuckling sitting up and rubbing his hands over his face.

"Why?" I ask looking at him confused as hell.

He swallows thickly and leans forward on his elbows on his desk. "Have a seat." He nods to the chair in front of his desk.
I make my way over and sit down.
He cant help but smile. He finds this amusing?

"When I returned from San Diego I confronted them on their little play time. Heidi was lying right to my face even though I had the entire session on video tape. I apologize for bringing you into this Isabella, it was wrong and I am truly sorry you got involved. I separated them and spoke to Tanya who has always shown her faithfulness in her honesty. Tanya doesn't mix words. When I got Heidi alone I asked her again. She stuck to her story even after I told her that Tanya told me everything. She still denied it. Then I pulled out my laptop and showed her the video. That is when she wondered if I had the video running the entire time. She suspected someone might have been in my room but she knew no one was allowed in my room ever. Then yesterday when she came to my room and saw you in there, it confirmed her suspicions as to who informed me. Please don't look at me like this is your fault Isabella because it isn't!" His voice was getting higher. "If she had not of lied to me then she would have lied to me eventually and I cannot have that kind of relationship with someone who is in and out of this house."
"I still can't help feeling responsible." I murmur.

"Isabella please, I have secrets and I need to trust people with those secrets. I can't trust her, not anymore. This has nothing to do with you. Well no I mean she is highly jealous of you I get that now, but this was about her disrespect."

"Yes sir." I answered and hadn't realized I said it until the words were out of my mouth. The look on Edwards face lit up as if Christmas had come early for the boy in him.
He obviously liked me calling him Sir and I had to fight the smirk knowing that I could do that to him. I felt empowered.
I got up and returned to my desk to gather the papers for Heidi to sign.
"I won't leave you alone with her." He said and I looked over at him and smiled softly.
"Cool."

About half an hour later Edward jumped up and took off out the door. He moved way too fast. It was weird. I heard the front door slam and got up to go see what was happening.
I made it to the front room and Edward was standing there at the door.
He chuckled and turned around. "I guess she didn't want to sign anything. Will you do me a favor please and take the check and make sure it gets mailed to her home address?"
"Yeah sure. I can drop it off on my way home."
"Yeah I am sure you probably want to get out of here. I am sorry for asking for you to come in but thanks."

"Certainly." We both stood there awkward for a moment and he put his hands in his pockets and asked me what my plans were.

"So you probably have something to do for a weekend night." He bobs his head.
I sort of snort out a laugh. "Yeah me, the remote and maybe a movie. Jess spends her weekends with Mike." I find myself picking at my fingernail and I have no clue why I point out to him that he is now alone. "You sent the girls home that must suck whatever you had planned I am sure is now a wash." I can feel the heat rise to my cheeks.
He waved his hand off and said, "It would be nice to have a quiet night at home for a change." I nod and say, "Yeah well I better get going."
"Oh, yeah. Sure." He says, "I will see you Monday?"
"Yeah. Monday. Right."
I go grab my purse and when I come back, the house is quiet and Edward isn't around. I left and head home and almost feel sorry for him being in that big house all alone. I sigh and pick up my cell and break the law to call my mom back. What a way to spend Saturday night.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Heidi isn't out for revenge. I wonder what costume Bella picked?

    ReplyDelete