Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chapter 15 Senses and Scent

Edward's Eternal Kiss

 Chapter 15
Senses and Scent

~x~x~x~BELLA~x~x~x~


"Kitten?"
"Yeah Kitten."
Jessica just stares at me with a completely confounded look on her face.
"He actually calls you Kitten?"
I nod as I dig out the last scoop of Ben and Jerry's Phish Food ice cream toss the container in the trash and licked it from the scooper.
I had given Jessica every detail from the events of the party and grant it I didn't see as much action as I heard through the doors, but it was still a pretty eventful night either way.
"I am literally rendered speechless."
I shrug. "What can I say? Maybe I am the new house pet." I giggle.
Jess rolls her eyes and flips the vacuum on.
She almost seems to be a little bit irritated when I tell her details of how my relationship is going with Edward. I left out the part about the fact that Edward wanted to train me, because I knew if I said that she would start with the warnings again and I didn't even want to go there.
We spent the better part of the Sunday cleaning up the house pending Jacob's arrival.
Jessica's mom owns a number of houses around the country and luckily, we get to stay here rent-free. We do have to keep it clean and pay the utilities though but splitting that makes our living expenses pretty damn good for living in the greater Los Angeles area.
When Jessica finally finished she pulled the plug and began to wind it up when she drops a bomb on me.
"You know…I sort of forgot to mention and I don't know if you're aware but Edward and his family usually leave LA during the middle of summer."
"Wait a second what?" I just gaped at her. Edward never mentioned this!
"They do some family thing where they travel the world." She waved her hand around in the air.
"What about me?" I ask a little irritated that she never mentioned this considering it's now the middle of June.
"You still have your job."
"How? If he isn't even in town, I mean do the girls go too?"
"Don't worry Bella you get paid weather you work or not."
It wasn't the pay I was so upset about, well not really. It was the fact of not being able to see Edward or his family. Oddly, I had grown to really like being around them this past week. All of them. Alice is funny and quirky. Rosalie and Emmett are a blast together. The way they banter is entertaining. Jasper is sweet and quiet but occasionally funny, and well Edward is Edward in all his ridiculously sexiness and I have to admit I like the way he seems to be fawning over me. I have never had someone sort of chase me before. Not that he was going to catch me. I almost felt like I am some sort of a prize he wants to win.
I am not totally stupid. I know he just wants to add me to his toy collection.
Yeah I have noticed his obsessive need to own every toy in the adult industry, other wise he wouldn't have a list for me every week.
I even wondered if he spent hours upon hours perusing the internet searching for toys he didn't have. He could literally open his own adult toy store. Or better yet a museum the way he keeps them all on display in his playroom.
I tossed my freshly licked spoon in the sink and stomped off to my room.
 My phone was beeping with a text message.

Hey Loca
My flight arrives at noon.
I figure it will take about an
hour to get to you from there.
See ya manyana.
Jake
I replied

Cool see ya around one tomorrow!
Just ring the bell when you get there.
B~

I unpacked my overnight bag from Saturday and wondered at what point the collar disappeared. I didn't remember taking it off. Maybe it fell off in Edward's bed. I worried about it because it had diamonds in it so I sent him a quick text.

Mr. Cullen,
I realized the collar you let me wear
Is not in my bag and I didn't take it off.
It may have fallen off in your bed and why
Does that hint we did the deed? Huh..
I thought you should know.
Miss. Swan

Just as I was ready to crash for the night a text came in from Edward.

Thanks Kitten but no worries.
I took it off while you were sleeping.
I didn't want you to be uncomfortable
It is on my nightstand if you feel
Naked without it.
*chuckles….
Edward…

Just as I finished reading it, he had sent another

Wait…deed? What does that mean?
Edward

Oh Edward, tsk, tsk. What am I going to do about you? You drive me insane.
I want you but I know I won't be the only one and I have to stand my ground
Because…I will not share!

I am glad I didn't lose it! Thanks.
By the way…I am totally comfortable
in my nakedness…
I sleep in the buff…no collar needed.
Miss. Swan

Then I quickly followed up with the reply.

Read this sentence…
"I lost my collar in your bed last night."
Is it me or does that just sound….so…dirty?
Miss. Swan

As soon as I hit send…I almost regretted it. Almost

Oh my little naughty Kitten…
I read the sentence.
I really like the way your sentence sounds.
And we both know I like dirty.
Now mix your innocence and dirty and you sleeping
naked…I am so done for…groans loudly!
Stop goading me before I bend you over my knee.
Sweet Dreams Kitten,
Edward

My girly parts just tingled with his words.

~X~X~X~

The following morning I found the house empty, not even so much as one Cullen around to bump into. I went to make sure the second floor had been taken care of by the cleaning crew and found everything in perfect order. They did a great job and you couldn't even tell a sex party had been in here two days ago.
Sex party? Holy Crap I went to my first sex party!
They must have had all their equipment moved back out on Sunday and I was so disappointed to see the swing go to. I really like the swing.
I sent a text to Edward and expected him to respond because he always did pretty much right away.
Only this time he just didn't.

Mr. Cullen
Will you be in the office at all today? Miss Swan

There wasn't even a list of to do's. It was too eerily quiet and when the morning past without any signs of life in this house I went to the kitchen to find something to make for lunch since I had forgotten to even bring mine this morning. I knew Jacob was coming and he would most likely be hungry.

Did I feel comfortable enough finding something to make? Jessica always assured me that I was free to help myself. Hell I was the one that obtained most of the household items. I didn't pay for them of course so I thought carefully and opted for a better idea. I waited until twelve thirty and called to have a pizza and antipasto salad's delivered. We could eat out on the patio out back overlooking the city of LA.

The last time I saw Jacob was at Christmas last year. We are inseparable whenever I would visit my father during school vacations. We just fell into the BFF cliché and although I don't see him as often as I used to…we always made it a point to not forget to visit one or the other when the opportunity arose.

My last visit with him was strange as he seemed really preoccupied with some business about his tribe. I have learned over the years that Native Americans are very superstitious people. Jake didn't seem to ever fall into that category. But something bothered him so I asked him and he avoided the subject. "Sorry paleface. I can't discuss tribal matters with outsiders such as your self." He said giving me that impish grin when I asked him where his mind kept wandering off to.

Jake had a killer smile that warmed my heart whenever he flashed it. He was funny and sweet, just a really good guy. I can't wait to grill him on the whole Leah story. Jake hasn't dated much and never seemed to care about the girls that were obviously throwing themselves at him.

The boy was beautiful and built. Built like a brick shit house built but he didn't have a vain bone in his body.
I loved my best friend with all my heart. We just understood each other.
I remember Leah being an all around bitch the last time I visited and wondered what I did to piss her off. I knew she had recently lost her father and just let her snap at me whenever the feeling struck. Jake shrugged it off telling me not to let her get to me because it had something to do with her own personal issues. I wondered why he even hung around her.

Now he drops the bomb that he is in love with her? I can't wait to hear this story as I pick up my phone and notice I still had not received an answer from Edward.
I hoped he was all right.

~X~X~X~

When the doorbell rang, I opened it thinking it was Jacob. I was surprised to find the pizza guy already and had him bring the food in to set it in the dining room while I ran back to get the money from my purse. I paid him quickly and walked him out when Jake's cab pulled up. He stepped out, went around pulling his luggage out of the trunk, paid the driver, and came around with that big huge grin on his face.

Just as quickly as it as the cab pulled away, he stopped dead in his tracks and stood still in the driveway and just stared at me with the strangest look on his face. His grin disappeared all together.


"Jake?"



His head turned towards the trees in the hills and he continued to look around as if someone were watching us.
I ran down the few stairs and walked up to him.

"Hey are you alright?" I asked looking up at him tugging his t-shirt.

He didn't answer and I could feel him trembling.

"Jake you're scaring me what's wrong?"

"This is where you work?" He said and I laughed.

"Yeah I know pretty ostentatious isn't it?" I said looking around at the grounds and I turned back to him tugging the front of his t-shirt again drawing his attention back to me.

"Don't I get a hug? I mean it's been six months since I have seen you!" I wrap my arms around him and he hugs me but it's not the usual Jacob hug I am used to. He is stiff but he isn't shaking anymore.

"Jake are you sure your all right?" His jaw is clenched and I can see he is gritting his teeth.

"Yeah. Uh. I am sorry. Is anyone else here?" He now has his arms around me and keeps looking around.

"No actually everyone is gone. I don't know where they all are I came in and hadn't heard from any of them.

Hey come on we got pizza getting cold on the table inside. Bring your luggage and set inside next to the front door." I start to move away from him and he squeezes me not letting me go.

"Jake what is up with you?"

"Sorry Loca…I…just…missed you." He kisses the top of my head and gives me a small smile.
I ran up the stairs and he was still standing there looking around.

"Jake your acting weird. Don't worry I am the only one home. Come on. I know the house is intimidating but it has a great view of LA. I thought we could eat on the patio." He looks up at me and sighs following me in.

I know Jacob grew up on the reservation and his tribe wasn't used to being around people with this kind of wealth and I chalked his apprehension up to it so I don't bother to mention it. I am sure that is what has him on edge as we walk through the house grabbing a couple of sodas and making our way outside with our food.

"Relax Jake it's just us." I say and plop down to take a bite of pepperoni pizza.

"So what exactly do you do for this Cullen guy?" He looks at me suspiciously. There is no way he could know. Could he? No that's absurd.

"I am his personal assistant."

"How well do you know him Bella?" he asks finally relaxing a little to drink his soda.

"I think I know him pretty well. Jessica worked for him for over two years."

"What kind of work does he do?"

I gaped at him.

I have no fucking clue. What am I supposed to say? Does Edward work? How does he afford all this? Why have I never asked this question? I know he has some charity functions he has attended in the past. I know his dad is a Doctor. But hell, I don't know what any of the Cullen's do for work! God now I feel like an idiot so I do something really stupid.

I lie.

"Something to do with investments." I mutter as the lie rolls right out of my mouth.
His eyes narrowed, "You don't know do you?" he eyes me suspiciously.

"Stop looking at me like that! How do you always do that?" I scowled.

"Bella…you're a terrible liar." He laughs.

I roll my eyes and fill my mouth with salad trying to avoid this topic.

"So what do you assist him with?" He takes one bite of his piece of pizza and ¾ of it is gone! Damn!

"All kinds of things" I chirp right in. "He just had some huge party this last weekend and I helped plan and orchestrate the entire thing. I also purchase stuff for the house, maintain files. You know general household stuff." I shrug.

It takes about an hour before Jacob finally starts to relax even just a little.
"So what is this business about falling in looovvvvvve?" I draw out the last word teasingly.
Jake laughs and I get a glimpse of the old Jake I know and love except he has this new look in his eyes I have never seen before. His eyes light up and he gets all big grinned and looks all dreamy like.

"She is amazing Bella god. I never knew. I mean she is Leah…but she is so perfect. She is competitive and funny in her own weird way. We have so much in common you know. She lost her dad and I lost my mom so we get each other. She is very protective of her little brother Seth. But I never really looked at her before. Like really looked at her. She is god she is beautiful. Especially when she is feisty." He looks down at his crust and he gets all-sullen all of a sudden. "I already miss her." He whispers.
I smile at him widely trying not to laugh. "What?" he says looking at me out of the corner of his eyes.

"Your in loveeeeeeeeeeeee!" I tease and bust up laughing.

"Shut it Swan! So tell me any love interests I should know about?" he quirks his eyebrow up high.

"Nope." I pop the p as I say it and pull another piece of pizza out picking off the pepperoni and popping it in my mouth.

"Seriously…no dating? Nothing?

"I wouldn't call it a date but I went out with Edward and his family to play pool one night. That is really it."

He rolled his eyes. "Let me guess you whipped their asses and then gloated." He snorted.
"Hey just cause you suck at pool don't take it out on me." I quip.
"You cheat." He accuses.
"Yeah because we all know how easy it is to push a ball in the pocket with my hand and not be seen!" I rebut.
"Okay…so you're good! You will only hear it once from me. Never again." He consumes his food and I sit across from him watching in horror as he wolfs it down in mere seconds.

"Jeeze Jacob when was the last time you ate?"

"I am a growing boy. I need my recommended daily allowance of carbs."
I roll my eyes at him, "Whatever dude!"

"What time do you get to leave this….this…" he looks around and I don't let him finish.

"We can go now actually I don't see the point in sticking around Edward isn't answering my text messages and I have no work to do. I just need to clean up and lock the house up."

"Cool this place gives me the creeps Bella." I laugh at him.

"Wanna know something creepier?" I asked teasing him.

"What?"

"According to Rosalie she is Edward's sister…she was telling me the history of this house and that it was built for Bela Lagosi back in the day."

Jacobs face lost all expression and I would swear I wasn't the only pale face here.

"Jesus Jake he was a movie star, not a real vampire for Christ sakes." I roll my eyes carrying stuff into the kitchen as he follows.

"So I take it you don't want a tour?" I asked playfully.

"No. Not really. I just wanna get outta here…is Jessica home?" he asks changing the subject.

"Yeah she will be there."

I write a quick note to Edward and send him another text.

Mr. Cullen,
I hope everything is okay. I was worried
I hadn't seen anyone all day.
There wasn't much work to do as I had no
Lists to complete. I checked the second floor
Everything looks back to normal. I am leaving
Early with my best friend.
Hopefully I see you in the morning.
Miss Swan.

~X~X~X~

Jessica and Jacob were playing X-box later that night when my phone rang. I ran in to my bedroom to grab it and didn't recognize this number so I answered it.
"Hello."
"Hello is this Miss Bella Swan?"
"Yes this is she, who am I speaking to please?"
The phone disconnected and I looked at the screen and it said call dropped.
I redialed the number and it went to some voice mail that just said in the standard
operators voice "Please leave a message." And it beeped so I did.
"Uh someone called me at this number. I was just returning the call." I hung up and tossed it on my bed and turned to go back to the living room when it beeped with a text message.
I grabbed it again and saw it was from Edward.
Finally.

Hey Kitten…
Had family business to handle sorry you
were worried. You don't need to worry about me.
We need to talk first thing in the morning.
Edward


Well now, what the hell did that mean?

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm well it looks like the wolf is in town now.
    From: LetRobstenLuv4ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok,I guess...I just want more Bella and Edward but I understand that there has to be a place for Jacob, I guess!..........Team Edward Forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sexting.
    I think Jake knows, he can probably smell the vamps. It sounds like he imprinted on Leah.
    I love that the house belonged to Bela Lugosi - very funny. And what a beautiful place Castle La Paloma is. I would move in in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so wait a sec is jake and leah wolves if the cullen are all vampified? or regular humans?

    ReplyDelete