Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chapter 6 Introducing Edward's Bloodline

A/N: This story is mostly told from Bella's POV, but there are times when I may find it necessary to introduce Edward's version of events that need to be told.
As you will soon find out this story mirrors Twilight in more ways than most, with a few twists of my own that I have taken from the book, the movie, or the stars real life traits. At some point, I have to warn everyone that this will be heavily edited for the M rating on this site. I will post those chapters on a different site and post the link to them here so you won't miss out on the good stuff.



Edward's Eternal Kiss

Chapter 6

Introducing Edward's Bloodline

~x~X~x~EDWARD~x~X~x~


"Edward what am I supposed to say? I told you that something was changing! It is not my fault I couldn't pinpoint what it was! At least I warned you." Alice stood there next to me in the forest with Jasper by her side.
"You failed Alice! You failed to warn me that I would take a human life! My god out of all the useless visions that flutter through your mind you screw up on this one! It has been years since I tasted human blood! Some poor family is out there suffering because of him, because of this goddamn thing inside of me! I can't believe he still has control over me!" I nearly sobbed.
"Your future is shifting around so much; I can't keep up with any of it."
"Edward you can't blame Alice. It isn't an exact science you know that. Her visions are just a possible guide we can't rely on them one hundred percent!" Jasper remained next to her holding her to him in a protective manner.
"Don't beat yourself up over this Edward it wasn't your fault but you need to seriously consider letting her go." He added.
I wanted to throw my sister across the woods but all I could do is drop to my knees in utter shame for what I had just done.
"Oh my god! I killed that poor boy! He was only nineteen years old! He has a family I am sure! What have I done?" I screamed out my voice shaking the earth and trees around me.
"Edward son." I heard him before he made his way through the trees.
"Carlisle?" His hand came down on my shoulder.

I am here now. Tell me what happened?

"I lost it. I lost all control. I wanted it to be her. I never wanted a human's blood so much before in my life and I killed that kid in her place! How are you ever going to forgive me for this Carlisle? How am I ever going to forgive myself?"

Accidents happen. You know this Edward the occasional lapse in control is a regrettable part of who we are. I don't blame you as I know you did not do this with the any intent. It was an accident.

"Accidents happen to Emmett and Jasper but not to me! I have always maintained control! God if you could only smell her Carlisle. It is so sweet! I have never in all the years I have walked this earth smelled anything like it. She weakened me! Why does she even have to exist at all?"

My father hugged me and Jasper sent a wave of his gift my way to calm me down. I welcomed it even though I didn't deserve it.
I deserved none of it. The comforting hug of my father, the push to calm down from Jasper. The pity that I knew Esme would have for me when I looked into her beautiful forgiving eyes.
I just murdered a nineteen-year-old kid because I lost control of the monster that I truly was. Sadly, I am glad it was him and not Isabella. To drain her would have utterly destroyed me and I had no idea why I felt that way, I just knew that I did.

~X~X~X~
It all began the exact moment I kissed the back of her hand. Her scent hit me like a wrecking ball.
After one hundred and nine years of my existence and traveling all over the world, I have crossed the paths of many humans and experienced slight variations of the scent of human blood.
However, I had never, ever, ever, caught the gift of a scent sinfully sweeter than hers.
Venom flooded my mouth repeatedly in her presence and I lost count how many times I was forced to swallow it back that day.
He had been dormant for years, yet she somehow managed to literally reach out with those tiny little hands of hers, as if she were tapping him on the shoulder to bring him out of his hibernation. What was worse than that was the fact that she taunted and teased him in ways no woman ever had and she wasn't even trying! I have observed women over the years try to seduce me in one way or another because we are attractive to our prey; it was just something I had grown used to. But not ever once did he wake up and take notice until she stepped into my life. Now that he was awake, he craved not only her blood but also her body and I almost could not fault him for that.
It also didn't help that she was dressed like a goddess with the sexiest of legs that I could not help but appreciate.
She was a brunette for Christ sakes, but I had never seen anyone more beautiful than her. Tanya was lovely, Charlotte was cute, Heidi was pretty, and for reasons unknown to me, I always picked blondes. I had absolutely no idea I could be so attracted to a brunette. Let alone the fact that the sweetest blood pumped through those tiny little veins of hers carrying it through her body and setting my throat on fire.
Isabella Swan…was completely other. There were no words good enough to describe the exquisite creature that waltzed into my home and ruined me in less than twelve hours.
After spending the short amount of time with her in the office, I was barely keeping my sanity. To get into the car with her was the worst, but in order to handle that I plain and simply took a large amount of air and then held my breath the entire drive to the restaurant.

At least at the restaurant, the air flowed much more freely and I was able to converse with her keeping a little distance between us. When she spoke to me, it was like she captured my attention and held it nearly making me forget the constant burn in my throat that had not stopped blazing since first thing this morning. And my god when her translucent skin flushed with that crimson flow of pure heat, I literally could feel the wave of warmth blast me in the face followed by that sweetness.
Fire ripped through my tonsils and seared its way down my throat. If that wasn't enough, I tormented myself further by leaning down and stupidly complimented her scent and her legs, which obviously caused her body to react setting in motion the flow of her arousal. That on top of her blood and locked in the car on the drive back was like burning in the pits of hell. I could not get away from her fast enough and when I watched her go to the office, I ran out the back door and through the forest on the hunt, I desperately needed to keep from going back and taking the heated pulsing liquid life that flowed through her veins.
I wasn't fully aware of my surroundings or at all my normal self and I certainly didn't expect to cross the path of a hiker. Hell I didn't even hear him until it was too late. Once I recognized the familiar type of mind it was already too late. I hunted minds like this so long ago and even though Lonnie was only nineteen years old, his thoughts were anything but pure. His mind pulled me in that familiar way. He was a monster all his own and his thoughts revealed some perverse past conquests. Maybe this made it so easy to do what I did. I gave into my own monster and succumb to draw that his blood gave me. My throat was still blazing when I heard him and my body took me to him before I could even think straight.
He was alone and the minute I had him by the neck snapping it and I ripped into his throat. I didn't want to hear his thoughts as I drained him so snapping his neck was the only way to end his life quickly. I had to have known this and been somewhat coherent during the incident.
The signs were all there and I should have known I was out of control and unpredictable.
I was so out of sorts that morning that I could not believe I had actually followed through and finally let Lauren go for good.
Lauren had been testing me for the last couple of months and because I could hear her thoughts, I knew that she had fallen in love with me. I was her Dom; I was not into vanilla sex. There was no way it would ever have worked for the mere fact that I am her predator and she is my prey. Nothing could come of it and I felt badly that I may have led her on a little too long.
None of the girls knew of my true nature and there was no way I could ever disclose what I was to them. There was only one law for our kind that was the one that was always upheld by the Volturri.
Keep our existence a secret. I had many secrets and to allow a human to get too close to me was not an option.
That night after my family calmed me down and I returned to the house, I had to plan my day tomorrow and make sure that I didn't put myself in a position that would most likely end up with me killing Isabella.
The first thing I had to do was hide my now crimson eyes with the green contacts that I usually wore just for Heidi in the playroom. I truly hoped that Isabella would not notice.
Alice and Jasper were just standing out in the forest next to the house when I left with Bella in the limo the following day. I wouldn't go until Alice's vision showed me that I wouldn't kill her on the scheduled outing I had planned. Her scent was just as strong as it was yesterday, but I had managed to make it through without incident.
Once we returned to the house, I was on the first flight out of LA to San Diego to get as far away from Isabella as I could. I wasn't supposed to leave until Thursday to meet with Ben.
Once I was in San Diego, I tried desperately to forget about her, but then when she sent me a text on Friday to alert me in regards to some unauthorized activity in the playroom, I knew that was going to be impossible. Especially after we managed to get off topic and into some sexually charged banter back and forth. I knew there was no way I was going to be able to forget the images she put in my mind no matter what I did.
I met with my mentor and the one that introduced me into this lifestyle in San Diego.
It had been a couple of years since I had seen him last and we made plans to finally get to together when he was back in the states. I discussed my situation with Ben and he agreed with my family that upon my return to LA, it would be in my best interest to let Isabella go from her position if she still affected me the same way on Monday.
The problem with this plan was that I had no intention of firing her ever. My interest in her was for reasons I had yet to disclose to Ben or my family. I left out a very important detail and I was sure that if they knew, they would all agree that it shouldn't matter weather I could handle her scent or not. I should fire her because I can't hear her thoughts.
Never before has a mind been silent to me, be them vampire or human.
Not until I met this mysterious, chocolate-eyed kitten named Isabella Swan and for the first time in my life, I was terrified of not ever finding out why she stood out among anyone else.

2 comments:

  1. Edward's POV was very interesting. From one day to the next his OCD life is turned upside down and he is in the middle of a crisis - I almost feel sorry for him. From her perspective I would never have thought that he was affected by Bella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like EPOV. He was always so cool and collected and Bella always thought that he was unaffected but he just has years in training in keeping his composure.

    ReplyDelete