Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chapter 5 Masquerades

Edward's Eternal Kiss

Chapter 5

Masquerades 

~x~x~x~BELLA~x~x~x~

I spent the entire weekend holed up in my room going over the events of the entire last week. I seriously questioned my sanity. When did I become so involved in something so deeply that I forgot to even eat?

I paced my bedroom with all these wild fantasies floating in my mind of Edward and it was insane to even be considering the things that I was thinking. I could not even figure out for the life of me why I was thinking any of these things at all.
By Sunday there were three things that I had to know for sure.
First...What was the deal with his eye color. To date he had went from gold, to black, to green to gold. It was eerie.
Second...Was he this flirty with Jessica?
Third...Was I still going to go to work on Monday after I had spent an entire weekend thinking of nothing...but him.
I had masturbated the entire weekend and realized i was frighteningly addicted to images of this man and that playroom. I was even more frightened of what he could do to me in there.
By Monday morning I had my answers.
While getting ready for work I stopped Jessica on the way to the kitchen. There was the answer to my third question since I was going to work.
"Jess? Does Mr. Cullen wear colored contacts?"
"Yeah, so you noticed that? He is constantly changing his eye color." She said as she poured a cup of coffee.
"Really? Why?"
"I don't know I never asked."
"So what color is his real eye color?"
"When you see his family you will know which one it is. They all have the same eyes. It's the golden one. My favorite are the green ones he puts in on occasion. He looks just dreamy in them and he always disappears into the playroom after that. I can't imagine looking into those eyes tied up!"
That was by far the last thing I need to envision. My god after the weekend I just had she had to go and mention that!
"I didn't know guys wore color contacts." I said as I looked out the window trying to remove that visual from my head.
"He isn't your typical guy Bella."
"You can say that again." I muttered looking back at her.
"He isn't your typical guy."
"Ha Ha, your such a smart ass." I threw a potholder at her.
She caught in time before it hit her in the head.
"Did he flirt with you?" I watched her response to see if she was telling me the truth.
"No not really. The only thing that I felt strange about was that look he gave. Like I told you before. Like he knows some dirty little secret. It's really freaky at least to me."
"I have seen it."




"Oh thank god. Sometimes I thought it was just me imagining it! He really must like you if he is flirting...but Bella remember he has a coven of sex slaves keep that little piece of information in your mind before you venture into his world. That always seemed to keep me from pursing his sexy ass." She said as she walked out leaving me to my morning pop tart.
She had a good point.
I got ready for work knowing that Edward would be back today. It had been too quiet in the house the rest of the week, without him around and I was sort of looking forward to seeing him again. I drove to work and noticed again that it was overcast in LA. It was the middle of June and for some reason we always went through what they called June gloom. It was the one month sunny so cal wasn't so damn sunny! I hated it.
I parked my car and let myself inside.
When I walked into the kitchen, Charlotte was standing there pouring a glass of juice.
"Good morning Miss Swan."
"Good morning Charlotte. How was your weekend?" I asked.
"Hell." She whispered and rolled her eyes.
"Oh I am sorry." I didn't know why I apologized.
She waved me off and said, "Aw it's nothing I just got blamed for something that I had nothing to do with, but no one believes me." She whispered and shrugged before she headed out. "See ya later this week." She waved bye and disappeared.
I wondered what it was she was blamed for and made my way to the office.
Mr. Cullen was sitting at his desk on the phone and he looked deep in his conversation and had a pretty serious look on his face. I just went to my desk quietly and put my purse away. I sat down and saw the note from him.

Isabella,
Due to my obligations, I have to schedule a party soon. I need to meet with you regarding some of the planning . As soon as you get some free time, please see me.
Edward

I glanced over at him and he was turned facing the window, his voice was low but he was still in the middle of his conversation. It was the most bizarre conversation I had ever heard. He was almost talking far to fast and none of it made sense. I should not have been eavesdropping anyway and the phone rang thankfully distracting me.
"Cullen residence."
"Huh. I must have dialed his home number instead of his cell...let me guess you must be the infamous Miss. Swan?" The honeyed voice on the other end gave me chills.
"Um yes this is she. May I ask whom I am speaking with?"
"Certainly dear, my name is Dr. Carlisle Cullen. I am Edward's father would he happen to be around by chance?"
"Hello, Dr. Cullen. He is actually on the phone should I have him call you back?"
"Can you just take a message sweetheart? Tell him that I am free any time after one o clock today. If he wants to set up an appointment to just call the office?"
"Okay, I will make sure he gets this."
"Pleasure talking to you Miss Swan."
"You too sir."
Wow. Dr. Cullen huh? I imagine he is probably as dreamy as Edward as far as looks goes since he has the same velvety voice box.
I wrote the message down, got up, and walked over to his desk laying it down in front of him as he was now facing me and gave me a small smile while he appeared to be on hold.
His eyes scanned down my body again and I swear he inhaled. I was beginning to think that he really likes my strawberry shampoo…maybe I should buy him some.
He covered the phone and whispered to me "Good morning" as he picked up the message and read it. His eyes met mine again.
Today his eyes were the fourteen karat golden color. Huh. I just smiled and returned the greeting and then he winked at me before I could turn around and go back to my desk.
Such a total flirt!
I heard the clacking of shoes on the floor and Tanya rounded the corner. She was dressed like a freaking runway model for a Victoria secret fashion show. The only thing she was missing was the wings and I chuckled to myself thinking there was no way in hell she would earn her wings, horns maybe but wings…not likely.
She gave me a cheeky smile and walked over to stand next to Edward's desk on the rug. Her head bowed down and her hands clasped behind her back she waited.
I glanced over to see him glare at her and pinch the bridge of his nose.
I continued to work filing the receipts for the items that were purchased by him during his trip and tried to ignore them both.
"I need to go. I will talk to you next week." He hung up and I heard him sigh deeply.
"Tanya, I am going to ask that a robe be worn when you come in this office, now what is it that you need? You may speak."
"Yes. Master. I wondered if you needed anything. We are all alone and I thought maybe…"
He interrupted her, "That would be my decision Tanya, not yours. I have a lot of work to do and will be spending the better part of the day with Miss Swan. You're dismissed."
This must not have sat well with her and although I had no idea what she did that pissed him off, he snapped at her his voice raised an octave. I was actually surprised that I didn't jump from his tone.
"Tanya! Don't ever do it again! Now go!"
She walked out but not before her eyes shot over to me when I looked up as she passed by. I should have kept my eyes focused on my filing. Talk about a look that could kill.
I could hear Mr. Cullen lean back in his chair and throw his phone down on the desk. I glanced over to see him rubbing his shoulders as if they were carrying the weight of the world.
"Tension?" I asked smiling softly.
His eyes met mine and he gave me a small smile. "You could say that."
He stared at me for a minute and I could actually see him trying to sort something out in his mind. Then suddenly, he picked his phone up dialed and put it to his ear. "Tanya, you can go home." He hung up the phone and he smirked at me. "Tension relieved."
I couldn't help but let out a laugh and he grinned like the devil. He stood up and came over to sit in one of the leather chairs in front of my desk.
"Did you have a good weekend?"
"Yes."
"Do anything exciting?"
"Not really, the weather kind of sucks for anything really."
He crossed his legs his ankle resting on his knee he had his elbow on the arm of the chair and he pressed his finger to his temple and just gazed at me as if he was deep in thought.
"You wanted to discuss a party?" I asked.
"I just noticed how petite you are." He muttered.
"Excuse me?"
"You're tiny."
"Okay?" I just looked down at my desk wondering what the hell he was going on about.
"Like a porcelain doll really, almost breakable."
I laughed. "That is an understatement."
His brow rose in curiosity, "Care to elaborate?"
"I am an accident waiting to happen. Clumsy. Bad genes? I get it from my father."
He smirked and then just stared at me for an unusually long time.
"Did you want to discuss the party?"
He sighed shaking his head no. "Can I ask you something Isabella?"
"Sure."
"Why did you accept such a position when you have absolutely no experience in sex?"
I giggled. I couldn't help it he looked so damn sexy, puzzled, adorable, and confounded. "Call it bravery." I winked.
Oh my god I winked! Where did that come from?
Mr. Cullen's expression was absolutely priceless. His eyes widened and his brows shot up to meet his hairline, he let out a little chuckle and shook his head back and forth as if he didn't believe what just happened.
Hell I didn't believe it!
I smiled sweetly at him and said, "Someone one once said I lack any self preservation. Maybe I wasn't smart enough to turn around and run screaming in the opposite direction?" I batted my lashes at him.
His lips slowly lifted in a smile and we both heard the front door close a little harder than it probably should have. I assumed it was Tanya leaving.
His expression changed and I could see the flash of anger behind his eyes.
It was a little frightening to see his mood flip like a switch.
He leaned forward putting his foot back down as he leaned forward on his elbows on his knees and he clasped his fingers together then he proceeded to look at me through his lashes totally trying to seduce me with his sheepish look and his drop dead gorgeous smile. "Isabella, if I were to ask you to go out with me for the evening, would you?"
I would swear he had the most boyish look. From what I knew he was supposed to be in his mid twenties but he didn't look a day over seventeen. His eyes were almost pleading with me.
I wanted to laugh.
Literally laugh loudly.
My ability to do so was not even an option as I was still held under his hypnotic stare from his mesmerizing plea. He could ask me to dance with a monkey and I would do it, but to go out with him when he has three women he fucks at home? Seriously Mr. Cullen?
"Eh…I don't think that is such a good idea." I said hesitantly. What the hell Swan? Are you insane?
He looked down at his hands and let out a little puff of air. His cheeks expanded like a chipmunks and then his lips pursed into a thin line. "What the hell was I thinking? Of course you wouldn't. That was a really stupid request." He sat back and rubbed his hands over his face letting out a deep sigh. "You stated clearly you don't share."He got up and muttered, "We will talk about the party planning later."He paused for a second and shoved his hand in his pocket before he walked out of the office and it almost seemed like he was truly disappointed.
Way to go Bella!
~X~X~X~
The house was quiet for the rest of the morning and I finally got up to go to the playroom and check on a few things so I could clear my list of to do's. I punched the code into the keypad, the doors slid open, and I entered.


I went to the armoire and found the item that was apparently damaged and needed to be replaced. I wrote the brand and description of it and then closed it. When I turned around Mr. Cullen was standing in the doorway leaning against the frame. His arms crossed over his chest and his head cocked to the side.
He looked so damn sexy.
Too sexy for his own good.
Okay, make that too sexy for my own good.
"I am sorry I will be out of your way in a second." I whispered my heart pounding in my chest.
"You look really good in my playroom." He smirked. My brows shot up in surprise. Oh my god!
"Uh…I guess that would be a compliment? Um…thanks?" I asked not sure how to handle this one at all.
"Your Welcome." He smiled that devious smile again. This had to be the one that got him in to trouble in the past.
"Do you mind if I ask you, does any of this interest you?" he asked waving his hand around the room at the various pieces of equipment.
"Interest me?" I looked around stalling while trying to come up with a decent answer.
Oh if he only knew what I had imagined this weekend. interested would be an understatement.
I felt my face heat up and I couldn't meet his gaze. "It is interesting." I said softly yet evading the question.
"But not for you personally?" Damn he was too good at this!
"Mr. Cullen, you can't be serious. I have never had sex let alone been felt up past second base. This…is way out of my league in experience." Damn blush!
He studied me and smiled impishly.
"If you don't mind me saying…what I wouldn't give to be your teacher." He winked and turned and left me standing there in a pair of wet panties.
I keep forgetting to remember to bring an extra pair!
~X~X~X~
Edward sent me a text about an hour later asking to meet him in the office at exactly one to discuss this party.
I went to the kitchen and grabbed my lunch and ate quickly, cleaned up and then nearly dumped an entire can of diet soda on myself when Heidi came around the corner as I moved to leave the kitchen.
"Oh my god! I am so sorry Miss Swan." she caught my can before it tilted back onto my rather expensive dress.
I smiled turning furiously red and told her it was fine not to worry.
"I didn't realized you were coming in today." I looked at her curiously.
"Oh well when Master calls we have to answer." She looked a little flushed.
"What did you do?" I asked pointing to the bandage on her arm. It had looked like she had blood drawn.
"Oh...it's nothing. I just went in for some standard tests."
I looked at her suspiciously. "But I though I handled all your medical appointments."
Her face blanched then she practically bolted to leave. "This was my own family physician." and she was gone.
I headed for the office and Edward was at his desk. His eyes met mine and he was again checking me out. I automatically grabbed my notepad and pen and went to sit down in front of his desk.
"Well did you have a nice lunch?" he asked and I looked up to meet his eyes.
"Yeah." I muttered taking in the fact that Edward's eyes were now green.
"Well let's get started shall we?"
I nodded and began to write all the information down he gave to me that needed to be handled for what he called a play party. He gave me every last detail that needed to be handled and he wanted to make it some type of theme. He looked at me curiously and out of the blue I just blurted out "Make it a costume or better yet...Mask's required."
His brows shot up and he got the most sinister looking grin. "I am impressed and I love the idea. Let's go with that, on the invitations make it a masks required. I will give you the list later of the various scenes that will be played out and by whom."
I jotted down the rest of the information he gave me and he stood up just as Heidi had walked into the office. Edward made his way over to her and took her hand. He turned to look at me and said "Should anyone call take a message." and he turned and left the room with her.
I got this pang of jealousy and for the first time I wanted to scratch someone's eyes out. Preferably someone blonde.
UGH!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, keep it coming! I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really isn't holding back about telling her what he would like to do with and to her - I like it :-)

    ReplyDelete