Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chapter 22 The Deadly Facts

EDWARD'S ETERNAL KISS


Edwards Eternal Kiss

Chapter 22
The Deadly Facts
~x~x~x~BELLA~x~x~x~




I quickly got dressed and ran to the patio not even thinking about the glass that was shattered all over the floor. My first and only thought was Edward. I knew something was terribly wrong but I didn't know what and when my bare feet hit the shards of glass with a horrible crunching noise I realized what I had just done and froze. I was afraid to move another step with all the glass scattered around the floor. I feared that if I dared to move it would literally shred my skin.
Shit
I suddenly turned when I heard the crunching of glass next to me.
The look in his eyes told me that he was just as afraid as I was.
"Bella! Don't Fucking Move!"
"Edward get out of here." I whispered and could feel my heart pounding in my chest. If he caught a scent of blood, I didn't know what would happen. I hadn't even had time to ask him. This was just bad. So very bad and I knew it. I wasn't stupid. He told me he lost control before. His tone scared me a little, as I was sure he was mad at me for this!
"Please Kitten don't take another step, whatever you do." His tone was now softer and I saw the sympathetic look in his eyes. I knew instantly he was going to blame himself for this but it wasn't his fault. I am the idiot that stepped off the bed and ran after him.
Before I could blink, he had me sitting on the sink in the bathroom. I was so afraid to even speak a word. I was waiting for something to happen literally paralyzed.
"Unfuckingbelievable." His voice was low as if he was talking to himself. Then his eyes moved up to look at me. I sat there like a mute stunned into silence.
"Not one drop spilled." Then his hands were moving so fast I didn't have any idea what was happening. The pieces that were probably stuck to my foot were now in the basin and there wasn't a drop of blood. It seemed impossible. Once he was done his lips kissed the top of my feet and he was gone yelling for his brother. The next thing I knew I was sitting in the office with his siblings and Rosalie is on the phone with the airlines booking us all first class seats to Oregon on the next available flight.
Edward appeared a few minutes later, he had changed his clothes and came over to check on me and kept apologizing and saying that we would talk about what happened later but he needed to go to Oregon to see his father and there was no way he was leaving me behind. My initial response was to panic as I had very little in the way of clothes then it hit me that it would be the first time I would be meeting his parents. I never even considered asking why exactly we were going in the first place. It seemed like whenever I was around Edward all coherency flew out the god damn window. It was frustrating. I was nervous and freaked out a little because I had so little clothes here. I didn't know how long we were staying or any other details.
It seemed like everything that happened after the incident in the bedroom was happening so fast around me I felt like everyone around me was on warp speed and I was sitting still. One minute I was in his bedroom the next I was on a plane to Oregon. I just gaped at his family as they moved so damn quick I was just flustered. I wanted to yell at them to slow down, I was only human for Christ's sakes.
By the time I buckled my seatbelt I was utterly exhausted and fell asleep before the damn plane even took off. I woke up as the feeling of screeching tires alerted me we had landed. When we exited the plane I was stunned to find they didn't pull up to any terminal we actually had to walk from the plane across the tarmac to the entrance of the tiny building that apparently only had two airlines in it. You could stand at one end and yell to whoever was at the other end. It was the smallest airport ever! We met with a limo out in front and all six of us climbed in. I was anxious about meeting his parents and I worried and hoped that they liked me. Edward assured me his parents were more than elated that I was coming and I did look forward to meeting them but I was still a little jumbled by the whole thing.
"It is quite a drive to my parents. Relax." Edward's soft velvet voice was calming as he let me lay my head on his chest.
I had so many questions and so I just started asking them random things about their lives. Emmett was the most informative one. He shared things about his transformation and I just listened and asked him more than I probably should have. Edward's thoughts were obviously on something else having to do with his father; however, by the time we arrived he was laughing at me because I damn near pee'd my pants listening to his family banter back and forth. They were like a hysterical comedy show during prime time the way they took jabs at each other.
After a while we entered a tiny town that was quaint as we drove through, but it was dark and Edward explained that Jacksonville was historical. I loved the main road. It reminded me of an old ghost town from what I could tell. We continued on and I couldn't understand how the driver could tell where he was going it was pitch black out when we turned off the main road and down a dark dirt one. As we made our way down a faint light grew brighter the closer we got. I was stunned to see this huge mansion appear out of no where in the middle of a forest.

Cullen Estates



It was almost like a fairytale and I was sure in daylight it would look incredible but the lighting through the windows of the house glowed a soft yellow into a sea of darkness. It looked really expensive and I couldn't fathom the kind of money all the Cullen's even had when you see where they lived and the cars they drove.
Before we made it to the door, it flew open, and I looked up to see the biggest smile on a beautiful woman who could no way be Edwards's mom, she was far too young. Little did I know!
"You're here!" she looked as if she wanted to approach me but I saw her hesitate.
"Bella this is my mother Esme. Esme this is Bella."
"Bella it's so nice to meet you." I made the move to hug her because she just gave off that motherly feeling and I was glad I did. She hugged me back and it felt hard but nice.
"Nice to meet you too." I replied.
"Edward!" She grabbed him and it was so endearing to see him with his mom. I almost giggled.
"Come in come in."
"Don't I get a hug?" Emmett bellowed out behind us and I almost busted up laughing when she hit him upside the head. "Oh hush I just saw you yesterday!" and she led us in.
Immediately I smelled food and wondered what the hell? Who knew vampires could cook! She had apparently made dinner for me and she scurried off to go check on it. I was sitting in the loveseat with Edward and found myself lost in the mans eyes yet again.
Why does he look at me that way? Does he really feel this too? I almost wished we had rented a room at a local hotel because my first thoughts were I wanted to be with him again. His kisses left me feeling so dizzy and lightheaded. I wanted nothing more than to have those lips on me again.
Then I caught the movement out of the corner of my eye and turned to stare at the man that followed Esme into the room. He was a blonde haired golden-eyed Greek God number two that she called Carlisle. "Come Carlisle meet Bella."
He stopped and stood there with his hands in his pocket. "So this is Bella?" he asked a bright white smile on his face a twinkle in his eyes. I was willing to bet he just stepped off the cover of a J Crew Centerfold ad.
"This is my father Dr. Carlisle Cullen." Edward stood up giving his father a half hug before he pulled me with him. Edwards face is glowing.
"Father…this is my Bella."
"Bella welcome to our home." His voice was just as velvety as Edward's. I just stood there and then before I could even stop the words they just flowed out of my mouth as if I didn't have any control over them.
"Okay well…that is just proof right there that back in the days of the Greeks they did have Gods like this. I gotta say Esme you are one lucky lady, he is a DILF and a VILF."

Dr. Cullen

Just as quickly as I said it, I knew what had happened. Emmett was near. He had that strange gift that made me say what I was thinking without a filter. My hand went to my mouth to cover it but it was too late. I was mortified and seriously wanted to cry at first but then I heard the thud of his body crashing down the stairs as his sisters stood at the top glaring at him and yelling for him to knock it off along with Edward. Edward was pissed obviously but what surprised me was that Dr. Cullen didn't seem at all phased by it. He started into normal conversation as if I said nothing making me feel completely at ease. I wondered if he had even heard me at first but according to them, their hearing is perfect and sensitive so he must have.
I listened to them for a few minutes not realizing I was staring at him.
Oh my freaking god Bella don't check out your boyfriends father its all kinds of wrong!
I met Edwards's eyes and again we just got so lost. I was oblivious to any conversation after that. I found myself just longing for him in the worst possible ways. I wanted to slap myself for acting like a love struck idiot but he had this strange effect on me that I couldn't even explain. I just knew what I felt.
Before I knew it, we were standing up and Esme was offering to bring my dinner to our room. I was utterly overwhelmed by everything and the minute he shut the door and pinned me to it kissing me furiously, every nerve inside of me just disappeared. I wasn't anxious about anything anymore. I just wanted to taste him again. I could live the rest of my life with these lips on mine. His lips moved along my neck and he hissed and then growled.
"God damn it!" He moved me away from the door and opened it before she even knocked. That little mind-reading thing he had going on was damn convenient for him. She set the tray of what appeared to be spaghetti on the desk and fluttered out at the same time Edward said he wanted to go speak to his father. He promised to be back before I was done.
The food was delicious and I ate while taking in the décor of the room. Right off, I noticed there was no bed, just a small leather couch. He had dozens of books on shelves and music in the forms of old vinyl records and cd's by the dozens lined up under a very expensive stereo system. There was one wall that had windows from floor to ceiling, it was propped open, and I could hear the faint sounds of what I thought were a river near here.
I finished my dinner and went to use the bathroom, by the time I walked out Edward was standing there running his fingers through his hair and he appeared a little nervous.
"Edward what is it?" He came over to me and wrapped his arms around me hugging me to his body. "I need to hold you." He whispered into my hair, his lips pressed down on the top of my head.
"Is everything all right?" I pulled back to look up at him. He gave me a soft smile, his finger came up to trace down my nose, and he tapped it a couple of times on the end.
"So long as I have you around how can it not be?" he smiled leaning down to press his lips to mine for a quick kiss. "I need you to come with me or are you too tired?"
"No I am fine, where?" I asked and he pulled my hand leading me out of the bedroom and down the hall to the second floor to a door that was ajar. I followed behind him and Edward reached around me to close it behind us as I now stood in Dr. Cullen's office. He sat behind a huge mahogany desk that was littered with paperwork, books, a laptop, and various other items.
"Have a seat Bella. Make yourself at home." He smiled that trophy-winning smile that they all seemed to have and I could tell he was a very kind soft spoken person.
"Thanks." I took a seat in a leather chair next to Edward and looked around the room. "It's a really nice office. So many books." I stated.
"I have had several decades to collect them." He chuckled and I felt my face heat up.
His eyes darted to Edward and I would swear he was almost studying him. I knew Edward was swallowing back the venom he had told me about and I felt badly about it. I hated that I blushed before, but now I despised it. I didn't like to see him suffer because of it but I couldn't really control it.
"You and Edward seem to be very smitten with one another. I have to say I have never seen my son look happier." He stated as he folded his hands and leaned on his elbows on the desk.
I looked over at Edward and he was watching his father closely as he crossed his leg resting his ankle on his other knee. He reached over, laced his fingers through mine, and held my hand squeezing it.
"I have never met anyone like him." I said looking at Edward when I said it. His eyes scanned to meet with mine and I watched him give me that drop dead gorgeous smile that melted me. When I turned back to Dr. Cullen, he was watching us carefully. I felt like I was now under some microscope.
"Bella I hope you don't think I am being too forward but if you don't mind my asking you, are you in love with my son?"
"Carlisle!" Edward's head snapped towards his father and his eyes glared at him.
Edward's voice startled me and I squeezed his hand. "It's alright." I assured him as I could see he appeared a little angry at his father for the question.
"Edward you don't honestly think I am going to even begin discussing this with you both without knowing how the young lady feels about you. I can see she is taken with you and I know your feelings about this obviously but please don't take this the wrong way son, I need to know how Bella feels about you."
"Don't you think that is a very personal question?" He spoke with a stern voice and Dr. Cullen's eyes widened for a split second. I had no idea what was going on here and for whatever reason I felt the need to defend myself on the matter.
"I have never been in love Dr. Cullen so I can't tell you what love really is. I do know that what I feel for Edward is something I have never ever experienced before in my life." My eyes drifted from his father to him and I just gazed at him. "I can't explain what it is but if this feeling I have towards him is love then I would have to say yes…so very much and I would be happy to admit I am falling for him."
Edward's eyes lightened and softened and the tiny slow movement of his lips lifting and the smile began to spread made him look even more beautiful. My breath hitched and right then, I just knew. This had to be love. How could it not be? This was why he looked at me this way. He felt it too.
"He makes my heart beat faster, I blush a thousand times more than I ever have, I think about him when I am not near him and when I am, I don't feel like I am close enough to him. It's like everything around me stops existing when he walks into the room. That sounds crazy I know but I would do anything for him."
Edward stood up, bent down in front of me, and took my face in his hands. "Kitten…I feel exactly the same way…I just never knew I could feel like this." He didn't even care that his father was sitting there watching us as he kissed me so softly.
His father cleared his throat and Edward smiled and went back to his seat, holding my hand now.
"Well son I should be worried about the heart beating faster and the flushing. Are you sure?" he had a twinkle in his eye as he teased Edward. I watched Edward let out a laugh.
"Ok so maybe not those…but if I did have a beating heart it would be pounding out of my chest when I look at her." His eyes were staring into mine.
God I just wanted to jump his bones right now! Down Bella!
"Well then let's continue. Bella, Edward has told me that he has discussed changing you. How do you feel about that?"
My eyes widened in surprise and I gaped at Dr. Cullen.
"Uh…I…uh…" My eyes moved to Edwards and I felt very uncomfortable all of a sudden. Yes he mentioned it but…I mean my god…I didn't know what to say. I just sat there looking back and forth between them. Is this what this was about? Me becoming like him? Is this why we came here? Why didn't he talk to me first about this more.
I pulled my hand out of Edward's and found myself looking down at my hands almost on the edge of panic.
I heard Dr. Cullen clear his throat. Did vampires even need to do that?
"Edward?" His father's voice was questioning him.
"I told you I mentioned it to her we have not had a chance to discuss it." I could hear the tension in his tone. He almost sounded hurt. I had just hurt him and it wasn't my intention.
"Edward please don't think that what just happened was directed towards you, I am just a little overwhelmed. You guys move so fast and I can't seem to catch my breath around you. I just…get so caught up…I forget to breathe sometimes…" I turned to Dr. Cullen. "Please don't think that I…I just…" He held his hand up and gave me a sympathetic smile.
"Edward son you really need to give her time. You are a vampire and she is human. I know you know that but I think you're so caught up in all these feelings that your forgetting that this is her life we are talking about."
"I am not forgetting anything Carlisle I know this is her life. I don't want to lose her. I can't lose her to something as volatile as her humanity." He turned to me, took my hands, and squeezed them as he looked down at them. His voice was low but the furrow of his brow showed his emotions so clearly even though his eyes didn't meet mine.
"Kitten…I can barely control myself when I am with you. I have never been so scared in my life to see you standing there on the verge of bleeding in my presence and hoping that I maintain my control over what is inside of me. I can't lose you, I just found you. My god to have something happen and have you taken away…The mere thought sucks the breath right out of me. I fucking love you and I need to change you to keep you before it's too late. I am more afraid of losing my self control, especially since we have been intimate. The need for you just keeps getting so much stronger every minute."
"I told you Edward you can't hurt me. I don't believe it. You look at me like…I can't even describe it but I just don't feel like you could ever hurt me. I told you I feel safe around you."
"You don't know that and safe is the last thing you should feel. I am a vampire Isabella. I could kill you with the flick of my wrist. If I changed you then we would be able to be together without caution." He still keeps his eyes fixed on my hands in his.
"Edward. I think you both need some time to discuss this but before you do why don't we let Bella know the facts."
Edward stood up pulled me up and sat down on my chair pulling me down onto his lap. I wrapped my arm around his neck as his arm encircled me and he rested his chin on the top of my head. He was hugging me to him so tight.
"Then tell her." He says his tone is flat and tension filled the air around us now.
I look at Dr. Cullen and he looks so serious his eyes are narrowed at his son. They finally move to meet mine and he gives me a sympathetic smile before he begins.
I feel Edward shift, his grip tightens almost as if he is afraid I am going to run.
"Bella we produce a venom that is deadly to our prey. It also has the ability to change a human to one of our kind if done correctly. Once bitten, your body will be racked with a pain so severe you will beg for death, but I assure you though you are already dying. Your heart will spread the venom through your system and begin to gradually change. Your organs will shut down and after a few days, your heart will finally stop. It is the last organ to stop before you will awake as a vampire. From that moment on you will never grow older and you will never change. Your hair stops growing, your body is hardened to a state that would feel like solid marble and your ability to reproduce ends. Vampires do not procreate because your body can't change to meet the needs of a fetus. Death after that is not easy and can only be achieved by being ripped apart and burned and our only threats are others of our kind and fire."
I listened to him with a morbid fascination for the facts he was giving me.
"Now once you have changed your going to wake up with a thirst so intense that it will drive you mad if you don't sate it. That thirst is strongest for human blood. You will be considered what we call a newborn because you're new to this life and a newborns thirst for blood is at its worst. To control a newborn takes several of us to keep you from killing every person you cross a path with because your strength is at its greatest also, even stronger than my son Emmett who I am sure you have seen is abnormally strong. I have taught my children to abstain from the choice of human blood. We feed on the blood of only animals. But there have been accidents where a human life was taken at a weakened point."
I just nodded and listened as Edward pressed his lips to my temple and his fingers caressed my back in small circles. I could feel his cool breath and smell his sweet scent.
"There are no guarantees it won't happen to you. Bella there are several of our kind out there and we do have one rule. Keep our existence a secret. That fact means only one thing for you. You will have to give up any and all contact with your family and friends. If not they will notice the differences in your looks and the fact your not aging. You feel how cold Edward is, well that will be the same temperature of your body so physical contact with humans is forbidden. My son seems to have already broken a few of those rules and it puts you and him as well as our family in a serious amount of danger from the rulers of our kind."
I turned to meet Edward's eyes and the longing that filled them was so intense it nearly shattered my heart.
His forehead rested against mine, he stared into my eyes, and I could swear I was looking into his soul.
"Isabella there is one more thing you should know. The oldest living vampires are thousands of years old and you too could live that long. We don't honestly know if we ever age or die naturally and you will watch everyone you know grow old and die but they cannot see you fail to age. You will be expected to either stage your human death or disappear."
The room grew quiet and I looked at Dr. Cullen. "Do you have any questions?" he asked.
"Not right now. Maybe later?" I asked.
"Certainly anytime. Isabella you are a very brave girl and I can see why my son is so taken with you. His concern for your life is as real as it gets. Bella your blood sings to him. In the history of our kind, I have never heard of a singer surviving in the presence of the vampire that it calls to. Edward's thirst for your blood is not normal. It is magnified ten fold and he has informed me he wants to be the one to change you. That is something we have to really consider should you chose this life. I have turned my wife and children because they were dying. You are not, so if my son was unable to do this I can in fact step in and follow through with it, but Bella there are no guarantees, you could die during the transformation. I have only tasted the blood of my wife and my children and I have never killed a human that wasn't dying. I just thought you should know this. I am sure your tired and would like to rest. We can talk again tomorrow." He said.
"Okay. Thank you Dr. Cullen for your trust in me." I said as I stood up.
"Bella please call me Carlisle. Your very welcome sweetheart."
Edward led me out and back up to his room.
I just stood there in front of him as he shut the door. When he turned around, he didn't meet my eyes. "Esme made up the couch for you. I can let you get some rest." He spoke to me but he wouldn't look at me. I walked over to him and said, "You are not going anywhere. I need to ask you something."
"Ask."
"Will you look at me?" Very slowly, his eyes met mine.
"How well can anyone in this house hear us? Be honest." I tried to not smirk but I couldn't help it. I wanted him.
Half his lip lifted up in a little smirk of his own. "Honest?" he asked, that impish grin spread across his lips.
"Honest."
"They all just went to go hunt love. My father just led them out to assure that you were safe while under his roof. They just leaped over the river and headed into the mountains."
He stepped in closer to me. "Why Isabella?" his head tilted to the side and he looked at me curiously.
I walked over and turned out the light and then turned back and stood over by the couch and grabbed the hem of my dress and pulled it up over my head and stood there. A low rumble came out of his throat.
"Everything." He commanded in that voice, so I unfastened my bra, slid it off my arms, and stepped out of my shoes and wiggled out of my panties and stood in front of him bare with only the moonlight and the outside lights illuminating the room. I knew he could see me perfectly and he stepped towards me. "Lie down." I did as he asked and he crawled over the top of me as he began kissing every inch of my body.
"There is not a spot on this beautiful body of yours I don't want my lips to miss"—kiss—"Your skin is so soft Kitten." —kiss—"You're so warm." —kiss—"Your pulse is starting to race which tells me that maybe this is exciting you, yeah?"—kiss—"Mm…you smell delicious." —kiss—"Oh Bella, listen to your heart thrum for me." —kiss—"Do you like it when I move down lower?" —kiss—"That would be a yes wouldn't it love?" —kiss—"I have an even better idea." —lick—"Oh yeah, that's what I thought." —lick—"Yummy." —lick—"That's it sweet one, let me hear how good it feels." —kiss lick kiss—"Mm…if I didn't know any better I would swear I just heard you purring." —lick, lick kiss lick, lick—"Fuck Bella…I haven't even kissed or licked you there and look how wet you already are for me!" —kiss—"Will you spread for me love and I promise to try to make you purr some more." —kiss—"Oh fuck Baby…"
I laid there while he started behind my ear kissing all along my neck planting the last one above my breast and that is when he started to alternate with kisses and licks.
Holy fucking hell it sent chills, shivers, and fucking jolts of shock through my body.
In a flash I felt his cold hardness against me as I spread for him.
"Tell me Bella, slow and steady or hard and fast? Answer."
"Whatever you wish Master."
"I didn't ask you that." I felt a light smack between my legs and I jumped.
I was literally stunned at the way he does this to me. I didn't answer fast enough and lost the choice.
"Fine we do this my way. I may or may not let you come." His lips pressed to my neck.
"I want you to make me come." I plead.
"I know you do but you failed to answer, do you think you deserve to come?"
"Yes please Master."
"Oh Kitten, I love hearing you call me that…okay love I want you up on your knees and to turn around facing away from me.
I did as he asked and he moved behind me wrapping his arm around me pulling my body back flush with his. His head was over my shoulder and he commanded in my ear. "Spread a little more and bring your arms over your head and lace those sweet fingers through my hair." His lips kissed my cheek and along my jaw and I widened the stance of my knees as his hands cupped my breasts. He massaged and squeezed them and began whispering, "I want it slow and steady baby." His hand dropped down and he guided himself to my entrance as he slid in his hand came to rest on my hip pulling me back to him. I groaned out at the feeling of his hardness filling me completely.
I began to tug his hair as his strokes moved slowly in and out. "God your body is made for me Bella. You and I fit together perfectly. Your so tight love and my cock is so fucking pleased when it's buried inside of your heat."
"Yes." I cried out.
"Yes what Kitten?"
"Yes I am yours." He moved so torturously slow in and out of me.
"Do you mean that Bella?" His voice was low.
"I belong to you." Our skin slapped against one another's. I felt his teeth graze my ear and he whispered so low, "then let me change you."
"Give me a little more time?"
"Oh god Bella I want to fuck you like I was meant to, let me change you and we could be so fucking hot together."
"You're close to coming baby aren't you? Answer me!"
"Oh Edward yes! Fuck yes…"
His hands gripped my hips pulling me into him with more force while he kissed and licked my neck and earlobe.
"Make me come Kitten god please make me come like you did before!" he cried into my ear and I squeezed down on him as he thrust into me.
"Oh FUCK YEAH! Baby!"
I felt him release inside of me and tried to stay quiet and bit my lip to keep from yelling out so his family didn't hear us. I bit so hard I split my lip and gasped out as my orgasm rocked my entire body. Nothing in the world felt better than this. When I started to come down, I could feel the rumbling vibration on my back from Edward's chest. He was growling and in a flash he had me flat on the couch his body pressed down on mine holding me there pinned underneath him.

He let out a hiss and even in the darkness, I could see the black tone of his eyes glisten in the light of the moonlight. His lips were so close to mine and I licked my bottom lip tasting the salt and rust and knew it was bleeding. "Edward."
I tried to pull back and his hands gripped onto my hair holding me.



"Don't fucking pull away from me." He said between clenched teeth. "DON'T fucking move Isabella! His cold tongue ran around the outline of my lip and he took it into his lips keeping his teeth covered. My eyes widened when I realized he was sucking the split of my lip. He only took a long draw and let it slowly out of his grasp.
 
His eyes rolled into the back of his head he roared like a fucking lion.
I was scared to fucking death.

3 comments:

  1. I love that Bella wants Edward just as desperately as he wants her.
    Bella describing what she feels for Edward was very sweet. Carlisle & Edward's description of what happens during the change and afterwards sure didn't sugar-coat anything, I'm astounded that she didn't freak out and run away.
    I'm a bit surprised they are still playing master and sub, that one day a week must have more than 24 hours ;-)
    And there is the lion again - Yep, the LA Lions is a good name for the team.

    ReplyDelete