Tuesday, November 2, 2010

CHAPTER 9 The Wolf Descends

EDWARDS ETERNAL KISS

CHAPTER 9

The Wolf Descends

~x~x~x~BELLA~x~x~x~

The remainder of the week was…well to say the least…things were starting to get a little weird. The sun had finally showed itself for a brief time and I would have much rather have been outside than inside. I found myself working harder this week now that the girls were not here than when they were. Most of it stemmed around the party though which is no surprise.
Edward's family was around a lot more. And so was Edward for that matter. He didn't leave the house once all week long. I found myself crossing paths with a Cullen all week long, like I said weird.
On Wednesday I finally spoke to Jacob and he said he would be down on the following Monday and would only be staying with me for one night as he was on his way to some big Indian Pow Wow down in San Diego. I looked forward to seeing my best friend.

"Bells, your not going to believe this but I found the girl of my dreams and she was right here the whole time."
"What are you talking about Jacob?"
"I fell in love with Leah."
"NO way!"
"Way. I know what your going to say but honestly Bella I love her. I know its been weeks since we talked and how could I get in touch with you when you don't call back. I left messages with Jessica what has been going on with you Loca?"
"Sorry Jacob I have just been really busy with work."
"I thought it was a part time job."
"Yeah well I am still new so I am still learning the ropes." Pun intended...if he only fucking knew! I had to fight from laughing.
"Well girl I can only stay one night we are going to be heading down to San Diego for the Pow Wow. You wanna come?"
"Nah I can't I can't take off work already. I just started Jake."
"So you like working for this Cullen guy?"
"Yeah I really do Jake. I am happy. Really. I mean it."
"Well that is good Bells. Can't wait to you see you little sis."
"Wait I am older than you that makes me the big sis and you the little bro."
"Yeah but with my size that makes me older." he laughed.
"So what are you like older than twenty one?" I asked.
"Yeah let's say I am oh...uh twenty seven. and you can be twenty one."
"Fuck you Jake!"
"Talk to you later little sis."
"Yeah, yeah whatever...oh hey wait let me give you the address to The Cullen Estates. Have the cab driver drop you off there and meet me then you can ride home with me sound cool."
"Sure, Sure."
~X~X~X~
Friday was hectic. I mean really fucking hectic.
All the equipment that was being brought in had to be logged for insurance reasons as I stood there with a clipboard giving them the room numbers that were assigned to them. The entire east wing second floor had a huge sitting room and that is where the majority of the party would be. The east wing bedrooms were mostly empty and according to Edward he kept them that way for this very reason.
I felt his cool breath on my ear and he whispered, "Your doing a very fine job I may have to promote you."
I laughed and turned to look at him.
"Promote me to what? Masterette?"

Shit I did not just say that out loud! Fuck me!

His brows shot up and that devilish smile resurfaced. "I like that, but I think the appropriate term would be Mistress." He nods looks down at my cleavage and his eyes scan up and he winks. I can't help but blush. I am rendered speechless.

Mistress me? Then I throw my head back laughing!

He looks at me like I am losing my mind.
"Sorry that was just…oh never mind. Did you need me?" I tried to regain my self control.
"Uh the reason I am bothering you is that well god how do I ask this?" he says looking bashful. I let out another laugh.
He narrows his eyes at me. "What?" he asks incredulously.
"I am sorry you look so lost. I just have never seen you at a loss for words."
He smirked.
"Just ask her already." I hear the little voice of Alice as she runs and jumps on Edward's back.
"Ask me what?" I look at them. They look so funny and she hangs onto him while he is trying to get her off him. "Will you go out with us tonight to shoot some pool and for a couple of drinks? We are all going Isabella." She smiles and kisses Edward's cheek. I can't help but smile.
"I don't know, I have so much left to do here and I have to be back here early."
"Oh come on! Pleaaase." She asks jumping off his back and she wraps her arm through mine. I will help you with whatever else you need."
"Alice what did I tell you?" Edward voice deepens as he warns her.
"You are going! That is all there is to it. Be here at nine, dress comfortably, cause when we play its for blood!" she says and I hear Edward gasp and then swallow hard. Then they are suddenly walking out Edward pulling her with him not giving me a chance to say no.
I scowl.
"Name?" I ask to the guy who walks in with what I would swear looks like an old electric chair and a cage. "It says here on the paperwork Master James."
"Room 4 up the stairway on the left." I snap a photo with my cell and check it off the list on my clipboard.
"Name?"
"Ah jeeze lady I don't know here is the paperwork." He hands me an invoice and it says Mistress Zafrina. "Seriously can you pronounce that name?" he grumps. I cant help but laugh. "It is room six and up the stairway second floor on the left." It is crated so I have to go up later to check it out and get a photo of whatever it is. All it says on the invoice is swing.
"Name?" I ask still reading what is left on my clipboard and not looking up.
"Emmett baby." My eyes shoot up to meet his and he is flashing those damn sexy dimples.
"Emmett Cullen. And what exactly would you be bringing to this shindig?" I smirked at him.
"What do you imagine me bringing little Miss Swan?" His face gets serious all of a sudden and I am locked into his gaze.
"Aw hell Emmett baby you don't need any piece of equipment other than that rocking hard body of yours maybe in a pair of those tight little pants that football players wear yeah…oh yeah.…most definitely shirtless of course…yeah that's all."

WHAT.THE.FUCK. I did not just say that!

"Knock it off Emmett!" I heard Edward yell from the office. "Get your ass in here!"
He grins at me sheepishly and leaves me standing there blushing twenty shades of red!
What the hell did I just say?
~X~X~X~
I am soaking in the tub with an hour left to get ready before I have to leave when my cell phone beeps. I groan and climb out drying off and grabbing it off the counter. I thought it would be from Jacob. I begin to worry when I notice it isn't him. He still hadn't returned my call. It wasn't a number I recognized.

Hi Bella its Alice,
Make sure to bring your costume
for tomorrow!
We expect to be out late.
Edward has spare rooms for
All of us to sleep over!
Cya in an hour!

My first thought is to say no way. But after the day I had it would be nice to get a little buzzed and not have to worry about driving. So I give in and agree.

Please tell Edward thank you.
I think I will take you up on the
Offer. A drink or two sounds great.
See ya in a hour…
Bella

I arrived at the house and the limo was parked out front. I went up and knocked. I figured since I wasn't working I shouldn't just let myself in.
In all his handsome glory Edward opens the door rests his arm on the edge of it up high above his head looking like a runway model and he has that impish crooked grin.



"Miss Swan..."
"Hello Mr. Cullen."
"Isabella if you call me that once tonight I am going to bend you over my knee. Is that understood?"
"uh...seriously? You would do that?"
"Oh I most definitely would. Now call me Edward and get your sexy ass in here."
I felt my face heat up and walked in as he closed the door behind me.
"Come with me." he says and he slides his cold hand into mine.
"Mr...I...uh mean Edward." he stops and turns to look at me with an attempt of appearing angry. I can see the glint in his golden eyes.
"Your lucky you caught that!" He smirks and pulls my hand leading me up the stairs.
"Edward. Where are we going?"
"I am taking you to your room so you can put your top secret outfit away." He says as he looks over my shoulder and smirks.
"Oh. Yeah. Good idea." I blush again furiously. He leads me to the third level and to the door that is directly across from his. I had never been in this room but i knew it was a guest room.
He opens the door and says "Get yourself all set up and meet me down in the office. Everyone is waiting for us down there." He smiles widely and I give him a smile in return.
"Sure no problem." I can't help but watch him turn and walk away.
I have never seen a guy today wear suspenders and not that he is actually wearing them...they are more sort of hanging down on his hips attached to the dark pants. His gray button up shirt is un-tucked and he looks god sinful that is about the best word to describe him as I wipe the drool off of my chin. I walked into the room and gasped.

The huge canopy bed looked like the one in Edward's bedroom. It was almost identical. I began to wonder if he had a thing for having everything uniform. His OCD I presumed or better known as 'Gapinitis' cause everyone knows when you go to The Gap everything is fucking perfectly displayed identically its sick.
I hung up my outfits in the closet and set my overnight bag on the chair and did a quick check in the mirror.
I made my way down the stairs and found Emmett standing at the landing waiting for me.
"Jump on Bella!" he turns and I laughed. "I think I can walk Emmett."
"Never turn down a ride little spider monkey now get on before i throw you on."
I hear Edward yell from the office again. "Dammit Em leave her alone."
Before I know it I am now slung over Emmett's shoulder and my ass is up in the air. Thank god i wore jeans!
"Emmett put me down!"
"See when I offered a piggy back ride but you refused so this is the way your going." he laughs as he walks down the long corridor to the office. When we enter he sets me down and Edward is glaring at him.
I scan the room and see everyone is sitting around waiting.
"Bella this here is my beautiful wife Rosalie."



"Hi." I cant help but gape at her before I just blurt out, "My god you have to be a model!" she smiles widely and says, "Well thanks but no I am not."
"Well you should be your gorgeous."
Rosalie looks over at Edward and says "I love her already."
Edward rolls his eyes and smirks.
Laurent comes in "Anytime your ready Mr. Cullen."
"Are we ready?"Everyone answers "yeah." and we are off.

a/n
Yes we got a little taste of Emmett's gift. He has the ability to make you lose your inhibitions. What a cool freaking gift huh?

2 comments:

  1. Yum, I want more Bella and Edward one-on-one! I want more teasing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edward and Bella teasing/bantering is sooo much fun. I loved the part where he threatens to spank her.

    ReplyDelete